Stalling On First Start. Need Help!

ergun7

• Member For: 11y 8m 27d

hey people,

its my first post on this forum and im hoping that you peeps can give me a hand with my situation.

the problem in hand is that when I start up falcon xr6 06 bf it stalls on me. it reaches just above 1000rpm then shuts down.

ive taken it to ford and they have carried out the following.

-upper cylinder clean and decarb

-clean throttle body and butterfly assembly

-wash engine leaving car running to get to operating temperature

-remove vacuum line and administer cleaning agent

they have done all this but ive still got the same problem.

im not sure if its has anything to do with the fuel management or this is a mystery that cant be solved and I have to live with it which I dont want to.

ill attach a video so you guys understand what I mean.

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 1m 22d

If its an after market LPG system it could be like mine, so I never had a problem with mine but this is how my LPG system operated.

I know you said you had LPG installed after, but I know that with the LPG install I had on a triton ute it worked in this fashion

Car starts on petrol (which in this case only revs up to say 1500 rpm on start up no throttle)

So still running on petrol for how ever long you have to give the throttle a rev to over say 2000 rpm and then the lpg system kicks In and clicks LPG solinoid and then petrol cuts out and LPG Takes over

So as I understand it the point at which the petrol system is over taken by LPG is determined in rpm / a stab at the throttle (which is adjustable)

so I think that you have an LPG Problem

In my case you could hear the solinoid click when you gave the car a rev so maybe start car listen for a click sound and if at this point the car dies I'd say it's an LPG problem

Hopefully at least this will rule out that it's an LPG issue and I hope its at least relevant

(also does your car run at all after 1000rpm on either gas or petrol) if it does on petrol only then I'd say LPG system issue.

• Member For: 17y 10m 22d

it was fitted with a lpg system recently however the problem was there before the lpg was fitted in.

............................................ then I'd say LPG system issue.

:pleasantry:

• Like 1