Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 16d

Bjc how much did the zf cost you and what are you doing with it?

$1k for ZF and $400 for transfer case with shaft. That's second hand from Kosij's brother. $200 for delivery from Dubbo to North Qld with E-GO but they stole the TT plastic bonnet scoop that was also strapped to the pallet! I've got Jason on it atm but haven't heard back from him yet...

It's a backup as mine is making the clutch squeal (sounds like what fcked bearing in a pump sound like!) which is generally called a "squawk" to the overseas market and is doing it in every gear now, hot or cold doesn't matter yet the clutches aren't slipping even when giving it a nut full so it's got me fcked and no one can give me any information in Aus as majority have never heard it!

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d
It's a backup as mine is making the clutch squeal (sounds like what fcked bearing in a pump sound like!) which is generally called a "squawk"

Sonnax Zip kit and a fluid change should fix that. Does it happen to have castrol or penrite fluid in?

CSYJB-

A shite load of this stuff-

http://www.carbuilders.com.au/sound-deadener

• Like 1

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d

5.4 for now can always obtain more if need be.

EDIT: after doing bulk research into the process of installing it, you don't need to cover 100% of every panel. Anything over 50% will change the frequencies the panel resonates at and will reduce noise transmission. To be clear thought I'm looking to decrease mechanical and road noise not aim for max stereo performance (which requires near on 100% on every thing)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 16d

Sonnax Zip kit and a fluid change should fix that. Does it happen to have castrol or penrite fluid in?

CSYJB-

A sh*te load of this stuff-

http://www.carbuilders.com.au/sound-deadener

I now have the Transmax Z (Castrol?) in the ZF and was changed at 87k km's (97k km's) from the original liquid gold which also made the Squawk though!

I really need to take a video of it (phone only though) as it sh!ts me up the wall and the only way to not make the noise is either feathering the throttle (I can feel when it happens, like a sixth sense!) of full fcking throttle everywhere also doesn't make the noise but it may be drowned out by the exhaust screaming?

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

full fcking throttle everywhere also doesn't make the noise but it may be drowned out by the exhaust screaming?

Best fix for many issues! Closely followed by using artline marker to colour in engine warning light on the dash cluster hahaha

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Bet I can do my version faster and without any additional hardware

• Donating Members

Hahaha touché

Unregoed cars FTW

Who needs transfer papers

/sarcasm