Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 5d

Just impulse bought the FG paddle shift kit from PVS which is currently $250. I'll do a write up with photos when I install it if there is anything that ends up needing more detail than the included instructions

• Shocked 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

AFAIK you need to tap into some wires from the TCM, I hope to see some twist and tape methods here or else its not sloppy enough ;) 

All seriousness though, don't solder these for the love of god. Use a proper crimp connector like a butt splice

Completed-AutoSpliced-crimp-1024x768.png

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members

Will actually be the first thing I've installed that requires cutting any factory wires - every other gauge, fan, switch, sensor I've added all come off a fuse piggy back (to either power the device or trigger relays off the battery)

• 1 month later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

I installed a bunch of smart light globes around the house recently. I linked them to my Google account so now I can tell my phone to switch whatever light on to whatever brightness or colour. You can also set them to turn on and off at various times, the same as setting your alarm.

Kind of expensive at $10 each but beats getting off the couch at movie time or even getting into bed. Can set them real low too ;)

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

smart globes are great until you set the switch to "on" and then your phone doesn't connect to the wifi straight away or the google voice prompter (or whatever you use) doesn't work straight away, so you're stuck in the dark for a lot longer than is ideal haha ... 

• Gold Donating Members

Yeah I've got a few. I find in some rooms they are great (eg lounge for dimming, bedroom for turning off lights when in bed, etc) but some rooms like passageways it is more convenient to flick a switch as you walk past.

I have a few things where lights look great (downlights in some glass front cupboards, LED strip inside the entertainment unit) that you would never bother turning on. So have them all linked and set on a routine to come on an hour before sunset.

Worst thing is when there is a very quick power outage at 3am and all the lights go into setup mode and start flashing!

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d
2 hours ago, El Andrew said:

Worst thing is when there is a very quick power outage at 3am and all the lights go into setup mode and start flashing!

Pretty sure I'll throw them all in the bin if that happens!