Henz

What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Tonight was DBA T3 rotors and DBA SP pads all round. Didn't get time to fluid so that'll be another night now. Planning to daily the car for the next two weeks to really bed the pads in and then will take it for a hills run and see what's what :D50c2402077af60bb7b187112a3b4dbc6.jpg

Put some 10mm spacers on the back of the ute.
Looks mint, drives better. Thinking the barely wider rear track helps.
Pics tomorrow.

Well, other than disconnecting some wiring, I'm pretty sure I'm ready to hook up the chains and pull my motor and trans out tomorrow.

Except for the 27 things I've probably missed...

Drove the F6 to the shop to buy a switch, repairing more BA BF starter buttons for forum guys, spent the arvo on the lathe machining to fit. Solder tomorrow.

Only spun the tyres once or twice.  OK maybe 3 times...

Thinking back to that talk about P clamps etc to attach water and oil lines for the turbo, a guy buying parts off me last week put me onto these:

http://www.mackielecindustries.com.au/product/barra-stainless-hanger-for-braided-turbo-oil-and-water

Not a bad option. I'm still in two minds as to whether or not it's worth doing a new oil feed on the FG or leaving factory. If I change it I'll do the water line too and get one of these.

Hahaha I’m pretty terrible with spelling and grammar but that’s nek level,especially for a business 

Yeah doesn't take much to get someone to proof read your site. If I go that way, I'd probably paint it or see if he will make up something a bit plainer.

Meanwhile, poor car:

de40006e9fd076b300ff6c351cf0ff95.jpg

Looks like it's sold. Guy rang me as I was pulling in the driveway with the engine crane. I'll let you know if he doesn't come through with the cash tomorrow!

What am I missing with the torque convertor? The Ford manual seems to suggest it just stays with the trans, however mine stayed with the engine.

Max Ellery manual says the four bolts from the flywheel to the convertor need to be undone, which makes more sense. I've loosed three by bracing against another tight bolt, however the last one I'm struggling to crack as the convertor wants to rotate.

This is my first rodeo obviously!