Henz

What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Yup, only problem with EG is that everyone wants one so the prices are stupid...

Some coilovers are fine, the cheap and nasty ones are exactly that though...

I hear ya!

So what would you recommend around the $1000 mark. I'm not to fussed on comfort, I just want it stiff and on it's nuts.

I used the yellow one (the 2 in 1) on both inside and out and I have 0 fogging. It says its tint safe so I assumed it meant it can be used on the inside too. Also, there was another yellow bottle that had outside only written on it, which was just the repellant I think it was.

I used the yellow one (the 2 in 1) on both inside and out and I have 0 fogging. It says its tint safe so I assumed it meant it can be used on the inside too. Also, there was another yellow bottle that had outside only written on it, which was just the repellant I think it was.

I used this one and found it not as good as the original outside only one.

Have made lots and lots of interstate trips the only one I would use is the outside only one as the other made it worse for my windscreen.

Well, I got my 19's some new tyres and put them back on the car.. Now looking at getting the rear guards rolled and getting some spacers to get some stance...

I hear ya!

So what would you recommend around the $1000 mark. I'm not to fussed on comfort, I just want it stiff and on it's nuts.

Jump on ebay, look up koni shocks and ground control sleeve & spring kit - best for a daily

Couldn't find the Koni's in Aus but I should be able to get them through work. And the ground control kit is about $300 delivered from the States.

Sorry to hijack ya thread Henz. I'll keep my fingers off the keyboard now.

Well, changed my oxygen sensor today after the dyno at Springy Performance confirming that the genuine one had failed.

As a result, the fuel economy has significantly improved with a full tank of e85 now showing 511km's distance to empty where before it showed anywhere between 280-330km's max. :)

Whilst on the dyno, I asked Danny to do a power run as I had felt the car had been making more power since changing my rear turbo exhaust housing which was done a few weeks ago. FMD, to our surprise it had made an extra 23rwkw and most impressive of all, it made 427rwkw at 100km/h compared to 380rwkw before and it now holds @ 410rwkw's throughout the mid and top end compared to 380rwkw's before!!!!!

So yeh, it's def worthy just to at least inspect the rear housing especially if running high boost as they are prone to crack however I was pretty lucky as my bro had a spare one in near new condition (ported with bigger flapper) so it didn't cost me anything. :) haha

No wonder I couldn't fookin get traction in my new NT05R's even with only 16psi in the tyres!!! lol

I had said to my bro either these tyres are sh*t house or I'm making heaps more power and that it was!! :newrussian: :newrussian: :newrussian:

Forgot to add, not bad for a standard engine and turbo, thanks e85. :sungum:

Edited by PSYCHO XRT

I didnt do anything to the car today, but I circle it around the garage and just look at it for a good 5 min, dunno if that counts :pardon:

Nope happy with the 1000's. Not really chasing a figure. It'll make what it makes. Just want a solid set up that can be belted when ever I feel like it without any doubt that it will hold up.

Great idea, I was thinking of doing something similar. 2000cc injectors are ok, however I don't get the same mileage out of them like I did with the 1000's.

Hey NVT, where did you get the replacement crossover bolts from? I've cracked one of mine too.

Seems like everything I want to do with my car you have done haha. I'd done a few of them but will probably do a full oil drop soon (have the filter still from last car, never changed it - just need the oil).

Hey Ciaran,

I called around a few ford dealers to find them. Haven't ever seen them anywhere else, so that was really my only choice. Sadly, they'll cost you about $20 a bolt (I needed to replace all 3!)

If you need any help or wanna catch up to do any of the things I did, just let me know mate. I'm no mechanic, but they weren't too hard!

PSYCHO, how hard is it to change the 02 sensor? I'm pretty sure mine is buggered coz I've tried every other suggestion known, besides a tune, and she still struggles badly when cold... Pretty sure it'd be due for a replacement anyway. Mind me asking what brand/model you used and where you got it from?

Cheers guys,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Mate changing an 02 sensor would be as simple as undoing and doing up any bolt on a car. You may need to take the turbo heat shield cover off to get better access to the sensor but its not compulsory.

My tuner recommended getting a genuine one so Ford it was. There are 2 different types you can get. One is obviously a genuine one and the other being a non gen used on used cars. The guy told me they're exactly the same except for the price tag and packaging so I ended up getting the cheaper one and saved $35. :)

The whole procedure took me under 5mins and all is schweet now. GL.

Edited by PSYCHO XRT

Do they even use the 02 when cold?

I got mine from cart parts australia, online mob, they sell NTK ones, same as genuine just minus the Ford stamp. Cost $160ish for both delivered.

I dunno Dave,

But I've tried every suggestion in the book to fix the jumpy needle and horrendous running condition during cold starts;

TB clean, New plugs and new coils, new filters, fuel additives, reset ecu with battery DC - both overnight and shorter times... Anything short of having it tuned as it may have to do with the electronic components of the car - Everything...

02 is the only thing left linked to this that I haven't tried. Other than this may need a new TB or will just hit up a site sponsor...

Thanks for the info PSYCHO :spoton: So its on the turbo side under the heat shielding? Any chance of a pic showing where it is? Would love to get this done in the next week or so.

Are people suggesting Ford original 02 sensors or aftermarket ones? My bro works at supercheap, so could get a bosche or similar fairly cheap I'd say.

Cheers,

Dan

Yeh, forgot to add Ford get them both from NTK. They sell them for $159 or $115 without the Ford stamp.

I had enquired at several outlets, Supercheap, Autobarn, Repco etc and all had used different brands but were around the same price.

My tuner advised me not to get anything but genuine ones as experience tells him that the others aren't reliable and won't even last half as long as the gens...

cheers

Edited by PSYCHO XRT

O2 sensor wont be causing your cold start issue Dan.

Thanks Luke... Bit of a bummer, but good to rule another thing out. I might have to pay Simon a visit then.

Cheers

EDIT: Cheers Dave and PSYCHO as well.

Edited by NVT

Where abouts in Perth you located Dan? Would be good to do a general maintenance day or something, similar to the one Vic had not so long ago.

I think Luke made a post about it IIRC

Hey Ciaran,

I'm in Leederville; About 2 minutes north of the city off Oxford St. A maintenance day is a great idea, but I don't know what happened with the last one. I was following it, but it kinda fizzled out I think...

I think it'd be great to run through a bunch of basic fixes that we can do at home. If people can offer support based on what they have done, I think it'd be very beneficial to everyone involved.

PM me if you wanna catch up mate, (Or anyone else)

Cheers,

Dan

I did a skid in the driveway. had to use brakes before I speared through the garage doors

Another ~ $500 for a few minutes of fun.

Chaps , hookers will do things you wouldn't do to a farm animal for far less.

ROI nuffinck