What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Got it all finished a couple of hours ago, test drive successful and a new rocker cover gasket kit got rid of the spark plug hole leaks.

As always when going from stock springs to beefy springs, the difference is night and day. It pulls hard to redline now and with decent springs and anti pump up lifters, there is no valve float whatsover. I'm gonna have to raise the rev limiter by 100rpm or so, cos it tagged it in auto mode on the 1>2 shift.

Happy days :)

Edited by Puffwagon
Stupid phone wants to autocorrect like a dickhead
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 11m 10d
2 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Got it all finished a couple of hours ago, test drive successful and a new rocker cover gasket kit got rid of the spark plug hole leaks.

As always when going from stock springs to beefy springs, the difference is night and day. It pulls hard to redline now and with decent springs and anti pump up lifters, there is no valve float whatsover. I'm gonna have to raise the rev limiter by 100rpm or so, cos it tagged it in auto mode on the 1>2 shift.

Happy days :)

Only 100? I hope you mean 6500.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

I raised it 250rpm to 6250rpm and put the fuel cut to 6400rpm. That's all it needed. My shifter needs addressing, it won't shift up gears in manual mode so it's always in auto mode. I'd have to remap the shift points to get it to rev higher in gear and ain't nobody got time for dat.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 11m 10d

Yeah I found I took  couple hundred rpm outa the high 1st points n a hundred or so out of 2nd.

But then I set my limiter to just fuel cut 6500, and let it shift how it shifts now.

Dont have patience to go through all the shift maps.