What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Member For: 12y 1m 19d

Yeah, let's hope it'll save my hide when the old barra touches the limiter

22 hours ago, arronm said:
Great job, sucks doing it though. Is the sump a big problem on FG like it is on BA BF.

Yeah its a massive PITA! Had to drop the K-frame somewhat what the engine lifted just to get the sucker off!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 5y 9m 14d

I have just woken my ba XR6 from her two year rest, couple years ago I had a boat trailer jump the ball and drove the hitch through the top of the boot lid under the wing but above the garnish, it creased the top line and it looked like only way to fix was replace the lid, but I got the urge to have ago so I had a good look, couldn’t get to the inside as the inner steel prevented it, not to be out done I got my trusty grinder out and cut a section of the rear panel out allowing access to the crease line, so in the boot I get not an easy feat for an old fart with one leg, got my finest ball pene hammer and a bricks bolster I set to work punching the crease line out, bugger me it worked the crease came out kind off, the top metal just below wing at the front is now straight enough for me to bog it up gradually, fair it all up and paint it, 

my next job last year a big gumtree in a storm dropped a huge branch on the bonnet leaving a ding on top but close to front, this will be an easy repair, I stopped driving it coz I don’t like driving cars with dents, but now I’ve ordered some goodies and will be getting stuck in to it every day.

On 5/18/2018 at 6:41 AM, El Andrew said:

Turned out to be this - there's a high point on the backing plates that was just kissing one of the rotors.  Was right near the centre, but was able to replicate it by spinning the hub by hand with the wheels off and in neutral (cos AWD). Was actually inside the braking surface so hasn't hurt the rotor at all.

Pulled it all apart anyway and cleaned up the hubs like I should have so I don't have any future issues with uneven wear.

Been there done that dude, had me buggered what the scrape noise was thought I picked up a stone, I just ordered new hubs for mine, it has non abs hubs on abs brakes, it stops but not legal and the rego dicks will ping it, only a ten minute job each side so no worries, and yes ten minutes I had a wrecking yard for years so some jobs I’m pretty qwick at, steering column repair another story, Ive got one leg now so contorting myself under the dash gonna be a bit hard

On 6/2/2018 at 12:01 PM, bloodycrashboy said:

oil change day  :yes:

Jb7oY56.jpg

so many klm's

have done 75K since I purchased her

next service at------

QMX12m5.jpg

clean this little baby 2 

C3uD6Ny.jpg

Ah nice job, cool way off hiding a pod, rego boys don’t like them here in balmy Canberra, Im looking to increase the airflow into my Barra I’ve seen a kit like this on gaybay

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 3m 25d

Busy arvo in the shed today and a busy last few weeks as well.

Got the catch can I made last week mounted and -12 lines run to it. AN fittings welded to the rocker cover and gave it a respray while it was off.
The can sits above the kframe just below the manifold. It's baffled with a few segregated chambers containing stainless scourers. And vented to atmo.

Cooalnt expansion tank delete finalised and coolant flushed and burped. New upper thermostat housing welded to a filler neck. New thermostat and a coolant overflow mounted in the airbox.

Plaz plenum installed with a ported stock lower half. Had to modify the Plaz coldside to fit the new plenum and move the Bov.

Fitted the new fuel rail/reg (thanks Jet) and got the injectors cleaned.
Surprisingly no tiny fuel leaks from any of the new fittings/hoses/rail.

Then gave her a service. Few tiny things remaining and waiting for the front bar to get back from the paint shop. It's getting resprayed and a few cracks fixed then its retune on E85 time. Going with Dave @CPV in Mackay this time. Hoping to get that done in the coming months before Xmas. e8edb1e071fbf2addff81f4587a76c2c.jpgc90db466f0118a559ccd7d6f8861dff8.jpgecffeb63684daa8daf8af14536f45946.jpg951e412060e141291ec3c5956ff64d41.jpg

• Like 5

• Member For: 10y 5m 27d

Mounting the catch can below the rocker cover height is likely to make it fill up easily. I find mine having the fittings above the rocker cover height I get barely any oil in the can only water from the e85 and my oil comes out mint where when it was lower it would fill a lot easier.

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

I agree but you ideally want it out of sight.

No pics but I pool noodled my front bumper to fix the sag, worked ok but may adjust it later.

Fitted some 6k JW speaker led globes and washed the ute. Need to adjust the projectors down a bit.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7m 25d
5 hours ago, bamk2f6tornado said:

Busy arvo in the shed today and a busy last few weeks as well.

Got the catch can I made last week mounted and -12 lines run to it. AN fittings welded to the rocker cover and gave it a respray while it was off.
The can sits above the kframe just below the manifold. It's baffled with a few segregated chambers containing stainless scourers. And vented to atmo.

Cooalnt expansion tank delete finalised and coolant flushed and burped. New upper thermostat housing welded to a filler neck. New thermostat and a coolant overflow mounted in the airbox.

Plaz plenum installed with a ported stock lower half. Had to modify the Plaz coldside to fit the new plenum and move the Bov.

Fitted the new fuel rail/reg (thanks Jet) and got the injectors cleaned.
Surprisingly no tiny fuel leaks from any of the new fittings/hoses/rail.

Then gave her a service. Few tiny things remaining and waiting for the front bar to get back from the paint shop. It's getting resprayed and a few cracks fixed then its retune on E85 time. Going with Dave @CPV in Mackay this time. Hoping to get that done in the coming months before Xmas. e8edb1e071fbf2addff81f4587a76c2c.jpgc90db466f0118a559ccd7d6f8861dff8.jpgecffeb63684daa8daf8af14536f45946.jpg951e412060e141291ec3c5956ff64d41.jpg

Did you have any issues bleeding the system? im looking at doing the same but have heard some people have had issues.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 3m 25d

Nope not at all. I flushed it twice and both times no issues with bleeding.
Just filled it up, started the car with the cap off and topped it up till the thermostat opened. Put cap on. Run for 5more minutes. Let it cool and then topped it up 1 last time. It has a recovery style cap and a hidden overflow. Once you put the cap on you can actually see it drawing in coolant from the overflow. 20psi cap to

I see what your getting at. I suppose the vapour cools in the hose then runs into the can as opposed to back into the head. I think it will collect more oil but surely more e85 and water than a can mounted above. Making it more efficient.
And like ozy said it's completely out of site. I couldn't even get a pic of it from above to post on here. Can't see it at all which is good as its vented to atmo

• Like 1