What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Any quick thoughts on this? I thought my power steering high pressure line was shagged, but the amount and location of the message has me a bit suspicious of the pump or pump seals.8f4e853df0d79088ad6e9bcea79ac87a.jpg

• Gold Donating Members

Thanks - yeah giving it a scrub now. Will chuck the line in anyway as it's much better quality than the stop gap one I used last time.

And it does look suspicious...42183e67098df3b579bd9f2e0df99cb7.jpg

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

probably spurting out in small bits rather than dripping out in large bits of oil... same same... but do what Puff said to confirm :)

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members

Yeah I reckon you might be right - the oil has travelled far and wide so could well be squirting from the hose fitting. Cleaned up and installed new hose so will monitor from there. No more time today, so will finish the turbo water line tomorrow.

• Gold Donating Members

Pic of braided lines@Puffwagon

P clips didn't have big enough holes for the bolts (and were thin enough that they got munched when I tried to drill them out), so had to stick with cable ties for now. Still looks better than one hard line and one braided line I reckon.b4d26d1dae4cbc82ce60349963c06701.jpg

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

That's a bummer that the clamps didn't work out.

How do you reckon you'd go putting them under the coil cover just between the first and second coils? I had a quick look at mine and it looks like there'd be some room there. You'd have to file the coil cover to fit them but there is a gap in that area on top of the the rocker cover.

It looks like there is enough length on the hoses in the picture. You might just have to swap the straight rubber hose for a 90 degree one so it points the right way.

A few more cable ties evenly spaced, pulled tight and clipped near the power steering pump would hold them together a bit better for now so they aren't just flopping around under there.

Whichever way you go about it, it should look good when it's nice and tidied up :)

• Gold Donating Members
That's a bummer that the clamps didn't work out.

How do you reckon you'd go putting them under the coil cover just between the first and second coils? I had a quick look at mine and it looks like there'd be some room there. You'd have to file the coil cover to fit them but there is a gap in that area on top of the the rocker cover.

It looks like there is enough length on the hoses in the picture. You might just have to swap the straight rubber hose for a 90 degree one so it points the right way.

A few more cable ties evenly spaced, pulled tight and clipped near the power steering pump would hold them together a bit better for now so they aren't just flopping around under there.

Whichever way you go about it, it should look good when it's nice and tidied up 
Funny you should say that - intended up chucking in some cable ties on the exhaust side which made the water line a bit less loopy. Will look at the coil cover idea too. Had a look around for other P-clips but most with big screw holes are for like 1 inch hose (1 inch diameter hose always needs a big screw hole...). There's heaps of give in the water line, not so much my oil line.

Stainless cable ties would be an improvement too.

Biggest plus is the heat shield is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier to remove and refit.