What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

WIDTMYC

Fri night ~9.30

Decided after a few hefty scotches with family (2yo daughter's bday party) that the sooner my rear guards were given a trim the sooner I could fit the new rims.

In the driveway with a work light, masking tape, 5" grinder and brotherly/brotherly-in-law (constructive-ish) criticism...result wasn't so pretty but oh well.

Mossies were getting fierce and audience had disappeared inside so host's conscience got the better of me after doing one and I went back to scotch and cake. 

Sat

Finished the other guard, fitted all 4 rims, tightened axle U-bolts & other rear bolts, then exhaust manifold, turbo & dump pipe bolts/nuts.

Stuck some masking tape strips in the rear guards - half on the guard return edge and half free inside - then took it for a drive. Felt fine, didn't feel any scraping and marks on the tape shows there seems to be enough clearance now.

Sun

Washed it for first time this year. Had no tyre shine left but comes up alright for a 9.5yo work hack. Am convinced the usual film of dust & grime protects the paint lol

Hope all pics show up for once. Will have to get some in a different light, colour of rims doesn't show up that great in the pics.

wlk9j8fBOfAYWvakXrWfmlFtD_fEZjRfS4Lm9OnU

iv-cmlSYe_gj7NxJ9TRKroHQN76apF1uUJQN6xWM

AEiVtczH6fJx7sOed5aTSfFna985Fmk6mIt-tNSR A2jBGms3bvzqIFBOF2gTzqrh_N_0wZZ4jzmtr8rY

HeU6e-kppCTtPp8dXZgGpdBAw6VpkvYflBr8K5st

• Like 8

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Looks sweet!

I had a rear door making a grumbling noise and not locking. Bought one of the kits for $22 that has enough motors and cogs to fix 4 doors.

After market door mechanism is about $50 or more, genuine $200.

Trim off, mechanism out, cogs and springs replaced, mechanism in, trim on in about 20 mins. Would be less next time around.

That is by far the easiest door trim and mech I have ever worked on.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d
36 minutes ago, JETURBO said:

Needs more poke in the rear though ;)

JET loves a good poke in the rear...

• Haha 2