What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 19d

Swapped my front o2 sensor with the one that came in the gas motor and it fixed the post start fuel issue. Before it would start fine then slowly get rich as fark. Now it's all good.

Also I got the fog lights working. I just unplugged and plugged them in again.

Finally I had a look at my recently replaced window washer pump. The farken farkers farked. I guess it didn't like sitting for 6 weeks or so.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Cheers man. It was low to mid 30's so while it was pretty hot in the sun, it was bearable with plenty of cold water.

Edited by Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I just did a cold comp test. 4 cylinders were 235psi, the lowest was 230 and the highest was 245.

I reckon the variance is in the head due to lifter spring/bleed down rate and possibly but not likely, valve seating. I didn't lap the valves when the head was off but the seats and valves looked great.

Either way it's within an acceptable pressure difference.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

It's not too high for a turbo car but that question and reply are arbitrary as there are too many variables in tuning and design to say one way or the other. Eg: It is too high to run 20 psi on 91 octane but you could do that on e85.

I had to make minor changes to the timing on a previous 98 tune so it wouldn't knock but that was to be expected. I had always planned to run an e85 mix or similar octane adder but I couldn't be farked getting any the other day.

There are several different compression ratios and cam profiles between the ford motors so there isn't a "normal" figure as such but the 200 figure has been mentioned a few times including by me.

All of that aside, it is higher than a stock turbo falcon was designed with and it does need tune changes to run properly.

• Like 2

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 11d

Have been working on this since the start of the week. Customised from the axle back with Quad 4" tips & exhaust valve setup.
90% fabricated & tacked together, just waiting for a pair of V-band clamps so I can hopefully weld it up & finish next weekend. ?
Back to work tomorrow 0779d6384d82da48ddd07026b7512e5f.jpg80ec032c50adbc70a94ac98b4d361e9e.jpg

• Like 3

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 23d

That looks awesome.

Always been a fan of dual or quad exhausts.

Cans on the outside, inside for noise?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 11d
Yep spot on!

Replaced the 8"muffler that did both pipes with a 6" & 4" on each quiet pipe. Hoping it will end up quieter than what it is currently.
  • Like 1