What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 18d

Some may call this broken, but I call it fun!
Started putting in my topendaudio gauges today. 56ad06be1d8afccc5355109ba55fcd1d.jpg

Sent from my fancy pansy touchy screeny phoney

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 18d
Well it kinda answers are question I had about how much effort is involved :oooh:
The hardest part was trying to get wires from the gauges to the dash for power/lighting and to the passenger footwell grommet. I tried to avoid pulling out the icc but ended up doing it anyway. FGmods have a YouTube video on how to.
But otherwise it was rather easy with all fittings included & instructions to hook it up.
  • Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 26d

It's either been too hot or I've been too lazy to do anything to my car for a while.

Last week or so I fitted the head studs and chucked the head and timing gear and cover on. Why the fark arp don't supply bigger washers is a mystery as even the stock washers are much bigger. I was going to cut them all off to use the bigger ones but cbf.

Today I fitted a new harmonic balancer, the intake manifold, injectors and rail, various water fittings, degreased the engine bay, fitted new engine mounts to engine bay, fitted various brackets and mounts to block, fitted torque converter and modified a fitting to block off an unnecessary water passage in the fg egas block to suit a bf turbo.

So fitted pretty much everything to the block to drop the motor in then I dropped the motor in.

Not the most fun I've had but it had to be done.

Tomorrow I'll wire it up and fit the hotside and the intercooler piping and give it some fresh fluids etc. I'm waiting on a new serpentine belt but I can use the old one for a day or two if needed.

All going well I should be able to rip a skid tomorrow afternoon. :3gears:

• Like 4