What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Most of you know I’ve done the TBRE stage 3 camms and I honestly cannot reccomend them at all on a street car, they are a massive PITA to drive with, fuel pours out the exhaust literally 

the low end loss is massive and the VCT struggles like a Bit3h to maintain angle 

making for one of the sh*ttezt drives ever... cams are literally the last resort on a FG imho and that’s well over 1000hp before they’re needed 

there’s only two positives to Big cams, one is the sound and the other is the peak gain 

The TBRE stage 3’s I tuned were shocking to the point I pulled them out and put in stock BF cams and everything become normal again, manners,economy low end power gain was the big one 

heres the best IMHO stage 3’s have ever sounded from TBRE, that said Atomic cams are much nicer grind and manners ;) 

Don't want to put a dampener on your aspersions guys but have a drive of a big cammed Barra and get an honest feel for what you’re about to get into as it’s an expensive exercise to go through it all 

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

I can't remember what people were saying, but the atomic stg2 or stg3 are roughly the same as an FG cam...

• Gold Donating Members

Alot has changed in the past 12-18 months regarding cams from all the big players, lots of early staged cams were re ground factory ford blanks but that stopped when ford pulled supply and now they’re all pretty much billet full grinds so it’s hard to do a comparison. 

If you had to do a big cam go an Atomic and have a manual transmission to get the best available out of the situation 

obviously ill happily do what ever customers want but its normally short lived and you’ll get over the sound real quickly ;) 

to use a cam to bring a turbo on sooner has a bit of merit but id be saving that for a dedicated track car with a huge turbo :)

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 11m 10d

Im currently quite happy with my stage 3 Crow Cams.

Nice idle note, smooth as above 1700rpm.... though the npc could be more to do with the roughness under 1700rpm.

Currently sitting on 11.8lt per 100km although I do mostly highway driving.

On flat roads at 100km I sit around 8lt per 100km. 

Idle sits around 2.6lt per 100km which is about  .5lt more then before. 

Mid range pull to 6500rpm is very nice.

• Gold Donating Members

Crow have the most sedated grinds which make them one of the best for street cars 

I’ve done crows before and they respond well 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7m 25d

Very intresting reading JET, I had a quote from dynomite and there only 223/232 which I thought was  very small. He claimed a 100rwkw gain from these cams over atomic stage 3's.

Edited by tazzanz