What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

I've read people saying the stock diffs are sh*t house and break easy but I have to disagree!

• Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Hmm edit didn't save, try that again

Did some math out of interest regarding the stock LSD.

It broke turning on to an uphill 100 zone and I floored it, new tyres hooked up well, diff not so much hahaha.

Let's do a rough estimation of the amount of times I've floored it...
Owned since August 2008, let's estimate that at
9*365 - 30 = 3255 days

I've driven it probably between 5 and 6 days a week, so say (5.5/7) * 3255 = 2557 days driving, rounded down.

Full throttle hits per day is very rough but I'd say...2 to 3. Many more 3/4 throttle but we'll ignore that.

2.5 * 2557 = 6392 rounded down

So about 6,400 full throttle runs. To be fair mainly rolling starts, but 7 of those 9 years (77.77%) were with over 50% more engine power than it left the factory with.

Not bad in my book!

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

CSYJB/WDYDTYCT Cross Over.

Have been collecting some bits in prep for racewars next year.

These bits came from the Inaugural Race Wars Winner so have gone 270kmh at RW and 9.6 over the Quarter so more than strong enough for me.

"700hp" Axles 

rvWMNtl.jpg

And since they seem to be the flavour of the Day, A Tructrac inside a Stock Ratio Diff.

a63iIW9.jpg

Plus its a 913A589 model...sweet

TIMMTBu.jpg

But in Typical Ralph style of not leaving well enough alone, a spreadsheet was developed looking at the various gearbox and rear ends rations and overall final drive ratios and theoretical tops speed in each gear.

This lead to the purchase of a new set of rear gear. I'm not going to disclose what ratio yet as it's a departure from the norm and the way I plan to set my gearbox tuning up will make it quite different. (plus I want to make sure it actually works before shooting my mouth off)

But if anyone wants to have crack at trying to count teeth go for it

pJiXCjg.jpg

So Im now at the put it together pull it apart phase of diff assembly to finese the contact patch

Drive-

BP7KvX1.jpg

Coast-

HXShIK9.jpg

Looks pretty good but I wouldn't mind shifting it closer to the root and perhaps a little closer to the heel. Undecided if I'll change it yet.

Best part about a just like this is the chance to make some toooooools

(all tools are patented under the NothinSuss Tool Corporation)

Carrier Housing Adjustment "Socket"

k4iizWg.jpg

iWYBnOY.jpg

Pinion Flange locking tool

zMWoDh0.jpg

MIMQUUv.jpg

I've also now got  a full set of setup bearings so future diff build will be most easy.

Im in a holding pattern now waiting for a solid pinion spacer and shim set (collapsible spacers are the devils tool) to arrive from good ol' Jegs in the U S OF A and once that arrives I'll move onto final assembly, but for now it's clean, clean and clean again.

Will chuck up some sort of how to when I final assemble the diff if anyone is interested, may even clean up my fab bench before then as well.

Edited by Ralph Wiggum
  • Like 3