• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 25d
3 hours ago, ScatterBrain said:

my old gtx3582 for reference.

WP_20161227_004-1.jpgWP_20170106_001-1.jpg

What spec rear housing? 

Got a boost v rpm plot? 

I've got an s364.5-sxe on my F6 and love it. 

#datspool

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 16d

The rear housing is a modified .82 internally gated efr9180 housing, with the 80mm turbine wheel it flows just a bit more then the stock 1.06. By my calculations the choke threshold would be around 700 to 720 rwhp.

Boost curve for second last dyno pull, Gtx3582r (Green) vs s369 (Red)

WP_20170329_004-1.jpg

• Like 2

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 17d

Hummm so what was the point of the bigger turbo ?

at 470rwkw (630hp) the Gen 1 GTX82 is more than capable of producing that at 22psi with the obvious quicker spool time 

the talk that ball bearing over journal bearing is only 1/10th quicker spool speed so it's negligible but why did you effectively want a laggier turbo as it couldn't be from just the power generation but are you chasing grip or something ?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 16d

Basically for better efficiency. Yeah sure a gtx3582 can make 630hp @ 22psi but not as safely as the sx369. If you glace at the post above you'll see the AFR is around 11.6, If I was the lean it out to around the 12.4 which is about the average for a lot of tunes, it would make a reasonable bit more power. But as my car is setup for circuit racing and I have longevity in mind, I have opted to keep everything on the safe side, Timing included. On top of that not having a water cooled core means less heat it to the cooling system.

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 6m 18d

That power graph makes me very happy will probably order one in a couple of weeks. After comparing mine and a mates car mine gt3788r .89 rear ball bearing vs 6766 1.15 journal bearing the 6766 is 10 times better for response then my ball bearing even with larger wheels and huge rear housing. Looking at a powergraph overlay on the dyno my car comes on earlier and builds boost faster but on the street my car has a lot more transient lag when stomping on the throttle from high rpm. Will bang journal 6766 again before garret tractor.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 17d
39 minutes ago, ScatterBrain said:

Basically for better efficiency. Yeah sure a gtx3582 can make 630hp @ 22psi but not as safely as the sx369. If you glace at the post above you'll see the AFR is around 11.6, If I was the lean it out to around the 12.4 which is about the average for a lot of tunes, it would make a reasonable bit more power. But as my car is setup for circuit racing and I have longevity in mind, I have opted to keep everything on the safe side, Timing included. On top of that not having a water cooled core means less heat it to the cooling system.

And all very valid points mate :) 

ive never been involved with a circuit set up falcon but as you've shown it's no small challenge keeping a 4000lb barge cool and repeatable going around for minutes on WOT vs a 400mtr sprint that we're all very used to seeing 

• Like 1