What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 11d
4 hours ago, OZYWALKER said:

Make it easy for yourself

A concept I find difficult to grasp lol...

But it's more the fact I want to make some myself. Apart from the rod ends which are easy to get hold of, everything else is in the workshop.

Though I'm pretty set on copying the mal wood type that sit above rather than underneath.

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 4m 20d

I'm pretty much copying the malwood kit. Should have pics tomorrow of it installed. Made a start on the front n rear brackets today.
Only $40 in steel plate/pipe. $200 for the rods for both sides, LH thread heim joints and Nissan bushes/housing with RH threaded rod. So unlike the malwood kit it can be adjusted without removing a heim joint.
All up will cost me less than $300

Gave under the tub a wash today. Came up pretty good. Used k&n airfilter cleaner as a degreaser. Worked bloody brilliant. dd7c5a63413d9f7e5dc4cbced656564a.jpg6f58f02874aa27cbcb6d3e9062ff0531.jpg

Pic below shows how far the diff pinion is already pointing too the sky. 3cb43aa28597e31ae07e171731147f4f.jpg
8cf3d2106348671d7335c9291dd9b4d9.jpg6f7acaada048a1652c399cb3aa998a33.jpgab4d1528c90e1cd1115fc5c7471ac58f.jpg

• Like 3

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 22d

If you haven't fitted a solid front eye bush in the leaf spring yet you'd want to whilst doing a tramp rod kit.
The force put on the front Bush from the axle rotating upward will kill a poly bush pretty quick if you drive it hard.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 4m 20d

I inspected em a few months back and they were in great nick. Have a set of nolothane bushes in the shed but havnt fitted them coz it looked to hard to remove the ones in there haha

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members

Fair enough. Either way if its a nolethane or a stock one keep in mind if you plan on fitting plates along side the front eye like a caltrac of mals kit you'll need to fit a narrower bush.

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members

Camos pic doesn't work for me.

Here's a pic
8b39abc5b812fd61ca7c3f49f3ea7871.jpg

They sit next to the leaf. You'll see that the front bushes are wider than the leaf, this is where these caltrac brackets sit.
Pretty sure mals kit also provides a narrower front eye bush to allow a similar fit.