What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 11d

Nope happy with the 1000's. Not really chasing a figure. It'll make what it makes. Just want a solid set up that can be belted when ever I feel like it without any doubt that it will hold up.

Great idea, I was thinking of doing something similar. 2000cc injectors are ok, however I don't get the same mileage out of them like I did with the 1000's.

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 23d

Hey NVT, where did you get the replacement crossover bolts from? I've cracked one of mine too.

Seems like everything I want to do with my car you have done haha. I'd done a few of them but will probably do a full oil drop soon (have the filter still from last car, never changed it - just need the oil).

Hey Ciaran,

I called around a few ford dealers to find them. Haven't ever seen them anywhere else, so that was really my only choice. Sadly, they'll cost you about $20 a bolt (I needed to replace all 3!)

If you need any help or wanna catch up to do any of the things I did, just let me know mate. I'm no mechanic, but they weren't too hard!

PSYCHO, how hard is it to change the 02 sensor? I'm pretty sure mine is buggered coz I've tried every other suggestion known, besides a tune, and she still struggles badly when cold... Pretty sure it'd be due for a replacement anyway. Mind me asking what brand/model you used and where you got it from?

Cheers guys,

Dan

• THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 20d

Hi Dan,

Mate changing an 02 sensor would be as simple as undoing and doing up any bolt on a car. You may need to take the turbo heat shield cover off to get better access to the sensor but its not compulsory.

My tuner recommended getting a genuine one so Ford it was. There are 2 different types you can get. One is obviously a genuine one and the other being a non gen used on used cars. The guy told me they're exactly the same except for the price tag and packaging so I ended up getting the cheaper one and saved $35. :)

The whole procedure took me under 5mins and all is schweet now. GL.

Edited by PSYCHO XRT
  • Like 1

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 23d

I dunno Dave,

But I've tried every suggestion in the book to fix the jumpy needle and horrendous running condition during cold starts;

TB clean, New plugs and new coils, new filters, fuel additives, reset ecu with battery DC - both overnight and shorter times... Anything short of having it tuned as it may have to do with the electronic components of the car - Everything...

02 is the only thing left linked to this that I haven't tried. Other than this may need a new TB or will just hit up a site sponsor...

Thanks for the info PSYCHO :spoton: So its on the turbo side under the heat shielding? Any chance of a pic showing where it is? Would love to get this done in the next week or so.

Are people suggesting Ford original 02 sensors or aftermarket ones? My bro works at supercheap, so could get a bosche or similar fairly cheap I'd say.

Cheers,

Dan

• THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 20d

Yeh, forgot to add Ford get them both from NTK. They sell them for $159 or $115 without the Ford stamp.

I had enquired at several outlets, Supercheap, Autobarn, Repco etc and all had used different brands but were around the same price.

My tuner advised me not to get anything but genuine ones as experience tells him that the others aren't reliable and won't even last half as long as the gens...

cheers

Edited by PSYCHO XRT

• You've changed man....
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 1d

$5 says there still dirty. Washing the car occasionally will help

I now owe this man another $5 to go with the $5 for agwbabr

• Like 1