What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 6d

This morning I walked outside, looked at my XR - sighed - then got in my civic daily and went to work.

Repeat for many days and that's about all I've done to my car lately...lol

I do the same but then get into a golf and go to work. I feel for you in a civic.

PS: quote because new page.

Edited by Paulie2256
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 13d

Awesome sh*t the exterior stuff! Just need to redo the interior stuff again. Some reason the heater is now making it foggy, need AC on most of the time if I have heater on. Or a window down a little lol. Its not a heap of fog and only happens when the cabin is warm and up to temp. Shame I did alllll the windows and not one to start off with lol

The yellow RainX bottle is for exterior and the black one for interior.

Not a fan on the black one as I tried it once and that was enough for me as I have noticed BA to BF tend to fog the windscreen as normal.

Pulled mine out of the driveway and might polish her today ready for friday ;) jokes lol

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8d

Hey Pat, I saw you were on the civic forum and sell coilovers and stuff for them.

I'm looking at an EG for a daily. Got any comments on it?

My brothers doing the same, coz not happy with e85 cold starts. EG, coilovers, crazy offset 16s, vinyl wrap and you have a pimp daily.

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 1d

Yeh I got the right bottles on the right side of the window. I'll give it another go using cotton cloths and see how it goes. Otherwise just ditch it and stick with just doing the outside

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

Hey Pat, I saw you were on the civic forum and sell coilovers and stuff for them.

I'm looking at an EG for a daily. Got any comments on it?

I have an EK, it does the job and costs around 50 per week which is close to 600km consistently in traffic.

I've fitted Konis and a couple of bushes, a few tweaks here and there. It goes well, handles well and its super reliable.

I must be getting old, but there is no way I would put coilovers in a civic for a daily - would be noisy and rough as guts! lol

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 13d

Yeh I got the right bottles on the right side of the window. I'll give it another go using cotton cloths and see how it goes. Otherwise just ditch it and stick with just doing the outside

I use the yellow one only shy, I highly recommend.....

Clean all windows must be clean and dry or the rainx will not work as effectively.

Use a paper towel folded (use the same fold on all the windows) pour some onto windscreen wait till it hazes then go over this process 3 times.....

If you have clean dry paper towel (a spray bottle with clean water spray some on the hazed areas) then wipe till haze has gone and clean again with another dry clean cloth to avoid and smudges.

This is the only way it works and every 3 weeks do the same process and you will find that your wiper blades go allot further in life as you don't use them as much caues the RainX does all the hard work.

As time goes on you will find re-applying Rainx every 5-6 weeks, its like a polish on your glass.

• Like 1

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 4d

That's pretty much what I wanted to hear. I like the look of the EG over the EK so that's the only reason I'm going that way.

Hoping to find an injected one around $3000.

I'm still young so I don't mind coilovers in my dailys :P

I just want a car that's better on juice and with better handling than the falcon as it's a bit of a boat.

• Like 1