What To Expect When Buying An Xr6 Turbo Ba

Momentum80

• Member For: 11y 9m 24d

Hey guys,

Just discovered the Forums and thought I would ask you for some knowledge. (I used the search function, came up with no results).

Just wondering about things I should expect before buying a xr6t.

The one I am looking at is going cheaper than most others, which could be due to swift sale, or could be due to issues.

I am currently contacting the owner and talking to him about it. What are some common issues with this type of car, things I should ask about, and more importantly things to look for when inspecting?

What are the running costs of this car like? I have noticed it is a 4.0l and yet the fuel consumption is listed as similar to many 2.0 and 3.0l cars on the market.

Any general owners information would be useful.

Thanks, Sam

• Member For: 11y 9m 24d

which model are you looking at?

2003 xr6 Turbo. I am a complete noob on these cars so I'm not sure what other model etc there are.

The boot doesn't have any markings or badges (falcon, xr6 turbo). Which I thought they normally did? Possibly an engine swap?

Is there any way to tell from a chassis or engine number?

• Ford Nub
  • Member For: 13y 10d

2003 xr6 Turbo. I am a complete noob on these cars so I'm not sure what other model etc there are.

The boot doesn't have any markings or badges (falcon, xr6 turbo). Which I thought they normally did? Possibly an engine swap?

Is there any way to tell from a chassis or engine number?

Im sure an engine number/chassis number would tell the tale, more than likely has been debadged. Heaps of info on here about what to look out for have look about.

Edited by Gasman
  • Like 1