My Stock G6 To Manual Turbo Build.

apolloxbgt

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 25d

Got the motor box and rear end and just about everything else out of the parts car today.

Bonus,the parts car has had the whole rear end rebushed and the tailshaft replaced,so it should have as little driveline clunk as possible for an FG.

The engine loom,engine bay loom and under bonnet fuse and relay box will have to be changed out for sure.The good news for me is that the looms can be changed without removing the dash as they all plug in behind each kick panel.The other thing that worried me was the pedal box,it also came out without removing the dash (a must on e series),it will only need the steering column out.As you might be able to tell I really didnt want to pull the dash out of a 2 year old car,I hate dash rattles.

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 16d

are you swapping the diff over from the XR

because I would think the final drive gearing would be different between auto and manual

hope its not damaged.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 25d

are you swapping the diff over from the XR

because I would think the final drive gearing would be different between auto and manual

hope its not damaged.

Yeah if you read my last post I said the whole rear end has been rebushed in the parts car,it is reasonable to suggest that the reason I mentioned this is because I'm going to use it in the G6 :)

Just being a smart ass,there wont be any shortcut's on this build.The 3.73 LSD is already out ready to be fitted to the G6.

The yellow coupe is sick! Tell you still have it?!

The coupe is gone now mate.It was my wedding car back when I owned it,but for what it was worth I couldn't justify it sitting in the shed never being driven.

Edited by apolloxbgt