My Stock G6 To Manual Turbo Build.

apolloxbgt

• Member For: 12y 14d

Amazing build and read! Well done!

I would love to convert my G6E to manual !

Im just lacking the skills, time, and money haha.

But I do take my hat off to you for this build.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 16d

First run out the drags today.

Did a heap of 12.9-13.5's @ 110ish mph,I just couldn't get it to launch with the sh*t Chinese tyres I have on it.

So last run of the day I'd promised someone a ride,I was already over it (I'd hoped for a 12.5 in full street trim),so I take old mate out.

I could feel as soon as I launched it the arse just squatted and it took off perfectly,I got my 12.5@110 with a 1.9 60ft.

To say I was happy was an understatement,this is a family car that I drove to the track and straight onto the track in full street trim,sh*t chinese 19's and all.Next up will be a set of sticky tyres,if I can bring the revs up off the line instead of taking off like a granny I reckon I can get it into 11's with this turbo.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 5d

Thanks great news Anth, I can see a 11 not very far!

Plates suit the car well nice choice, havern't posted for a while, keep it up if you get the GTX .... you will see the difference! FEEL IT MORE!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 9m 29d

Great build mate.

Props to you for going about things your own way. And, by the looks of things, executing very well.

Funny you mention your missus getting car sick in your g6 because my missus gets car sick in mine too.

Makes me want to strip the thing out and make it a 2 seater so I don't have to worry about listening to to whinges any more lol.

On the other hand it could also be the fact that both of us drive our own cars the majority of the time so we have become "bad" passengers where we get car sick when we are in the passenger seat.

I'm at the point where I can sit in the back seat quite happily but put me in the lh front seat and I go green, same goes for my lady.