Moving From Fg6T To Focus St?

Pete A

• Member For: 15y 4m 22d

My FG6T is a great car and I've been real happy with it. Dream to drive. HEAPS of grunt. Coming up to 4 years old and due for replacement I've been looking very closely at the Focus ST scheduled to arrive in OZ late Q3. Man this machine is an absolute weapon. The wife has a Titanium and I am imensely impressed with the build quality and features. When you add a ballsy engine to it, I really am attracted to it over the 6T. Have booked the first test drive with the dealer when it arrives. AT $40 -45K rumoured price, this could be the way to go. The FG II doesn't give me any great improvement over the FG I. Another option is a Phoon or GS but at 20K more is it a real option? I guess the test drive will be the key. One way or the other this ST looks like a real winner. Some good promos on Utube.

• Member For: 15y 4m 22d

Not sure whether you need a bigger car but the Focus RS is much nicer... and quicker

http://www.ford.com....rapper&site=FOA

I'm talking about the ST based on the 2L Ecco boost engine. ~$40K base price rumoured. Not the 5pot Volvo dinosaur engine.

The wife's Titanium is a lot bigger inside than you would think. But certainly smaller. Don't need a Falcon any more, the kids are all grown and gone! The Ecco boost will have significantly better fuel ecconomy I would think.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 5d

It's obviously going to have better fuel economy when it's half the capacity, missing two cylinders and the turbo is smaller.

A lack of Direct Injection on the I6 doesn't help it's figures though.

It's like comparing apples with oranges.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 30d

I'd go a second hand RS over the new ST

I have a new mazda 3 mps and not a huge fan of the torque steer which is in all of these front wheel drive carnage machines!!!

• Like 1