Fg F6 Manual Launch Control

Donkson

• Member For: 12y 4m 14d

Hey guys just brought an 09 manual fg f6 ive read some launch control topics but I still don't understand how it works, today I droped the clutch in 2nd with in the wet and it just rode the clutch like a bitch, is there anyway you can turn it off so I can actual drift or do a burnout :)

• Banned
  • Member For: 12y 5m 5d

I have a auto so havent experianced it 1st hand. from what I understand u press the button, hold youre foot flat to the floor and I think it keeps it at 3000rpm(?) and when you let the clutch in it then lets the engine rev as normal. you shouldnt need it in the wet and wont effect anything unless its turned on.

are you sure youre not talking about traction controll (TC) or stability control (ESP)? that's what wont let you have fun in the wet.

in prev manual cars iv had in the wet (ESP off). let the clutch up in 1st and just hit boost in 1st and let the wheels spin then drop it to 2nd and then the same into 3rd if your good/brave/stupid

if you dont want to ride the clutch then take youre foot of the pedle :girlwacko:

cheers, andy

• Member For: 12y 4m 14d

Private road ;) I don't have a launch control button its just automatic when your rev it to 3500rpm but yeah traction control was off, I have a vid of doing it so I might upload it on youtube and post it in the topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m

Why in second, they have pretty long gears as it is maybe you should try first.

And its launch assist I believe not launch control as its not a proper system for it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 14d

How to work it:

Stationary position; FIRST GEAR POSITION, cluth pedal depressed, Accelerator pedal depressed - Revs hold @ 3500RPM

Smoothly let out clutch - launch assisted take off.

No button

Should it be assisting in 2nd?

Edited by Gussa

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 27d

Put it in first, foot flat to the floor. Revs to 3.5k. Will hesitate when you take off, then pretty much goes from there. Still need to feather the throttle, mine still spins in first in the dry and sometimes chirps second

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m

My understanding is its not a proper launch control that's why it still doesnt get off the line very well. Dont know about that smoothly let out clutch, you'd want to get off it pretty quick otherwise it'll probably just slip and bugger the clutch.

As long as your stationary with clutch in the rev hold will most likely engage but I think 1st would be the gear. 2nd is just asking for trouble imo.