More Boost Then Unsure

andrich

• Member For: 15y 27d

Hey guys

Over the last few days iv noticed my boost gauge going to 15-16psi but it's tuned to 12psi.

It has been on cold nights but I was/ am still a little worried.

Should I be worried??

Maybe the actuator not controlling the boost?

Cheers

Michael

• FLY-FPV
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m

Def over boosting if it's only tuned to 12 psi. on a cold night it can over boost a lil bit but it will usually throw a code or go into limp mode check all vacuum hoses on boost solenoid and actuator

Mine used to over boost when I changed to a bigger cooler without doing a retune but I just kept it off boost till I got to my tuners and they fixed it all up

• Member For: 12y 6m 3d

Same prob here mic, tuned for 19psi and smashes 22 from time to time, damn cold weather..I've got std ex housing as well but GT3582 w/ port & flapper on the way though

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 1d

Yeh mine has spike to 23 before tuned to 18 im doing external gate to combat that prob, but when mine had 400hp it had stock actuator and port and was tuned to spike to 16 and tapered off to 11/12ish, maybe normal depending on the OPs tune

• Member For: 15y 27d

thanks for the replies guys

ahh so it would seem its not to uncommon. but obviously better if it doesnt happen lol

I did know that on a cold night it will push a few more PSI but it worried me when I saw 16 lol (however it was only on my boost gauge which may not be 100% accurate anyway lol)

Im looking to do the actuator and posting/flapper with my nxt tune, along with plazmaman cooler and valvesprings so hopefully can control the boost properly.

cheers guys

michael