Instruction On How To Fit Fg Sports Bars

sam_rigger

• Member For: 13y 3m 10d

hi guys,

just picked up some sports bars for my FG, with the soft cover for 550 bucks.

I have all the bits and pieces to fit it, but no instructions (as I got it off gumtree second hand - but it's never been used)

Can anyone tell me how to fit it?

Anyone got the instructions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

sam

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 7d

You should find that if you place the bars on the tuff deck and mark the holes there should be metal structure with holes behind it for the bolts to go through. At least that's how the BF was.

For me I placed on the ute as they would be then marked and drilled the front holes bolted in so it was pulled forwards then marked and drilled side holes and it was all done.

• Member For: 13y 3m 10d

yeah it comes with brackets and stuff, its a little more to it than just 'self explanatory.' I am getting the instructions off a guy who works at EGR. I will post the link when I get them for anyone else who requires it.

Appreciate the comments guys, thank u.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 3m 21d

Hi Sam,

I'd be interested to know how you fitted the sports bars on your FG. I fitted them on my old AU a few years ago and it was quite straight forward, though took a few hours. I have an FG now and can,t work out how they fit as it has a rail on lip of tub which tarp clips to. I,m trying to sell my AU and thinking of transferring the sports bars to the FG as the tub is the same width, except the tarp rail which is different, which confuses things.

Cheers Ken