Sct Xcal 3 Beware!

Benny_C

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 23d

I purchased a SCT Xcal 3 off gumtree last week, had it rock up on my door this arvo and the guy who sold me his unit has just ordered one straight off an american ebay site and set the postage details to me. Now I have a useless american unit and when I sms'd him and questioned him about it he denied it, the sales receipt from ebay had his seller name which strangely matched the name on his bank account, When I put this to him he fessed up. His ad is still up on gumtree

http://www.gumtree.c...sed-/1002402981

He says he will refund me but its a massive headf**k and I'm sceptical.

Please no one else fall for this trick.

Edited by Dagabond

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 23d

No I paid $470 for it, seems someone has already messaged him too so this might make getting my money back even more fun, said he's not out to rip people off just thought he found an easy way to make 50 bucks, which fair enough if it worked but for those of us who've done our research still leaves us in the lurch

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 6d

Say something and risk people abusing him thus making the refund process hard for you

or

Don't say anything and let fellow forum members potentially fall for the same thing.

Its a tough one.

• TURBOCHARGED
  • Member For: 17y 11m 12d

I bought a xcal 3 too from gumtree. it was 2nd hand the guy that I bought it from said the xcal 3 was was returned to the stock tune. but when I went to get the tune my tuner said the xcal 3 wasn't returned to the stock tune so I had to buy a new flash box. called the guy back that I bought it from he said the flash box was returned to stock.

I didn't get my money back so I lost $450 :(

now I don't buy any 2nd hand parts I just pay a bit more and just buy new parts from the shops :)

• Like 1