Ef Sohc Turbo Build

GRECO

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m

Well if you don't plan to build the auto straight away, the best way to keep it safe is to put a tranny cooler on it and bump up the line pressure.

Good luck with the diff too haha. I went through about 4 in mine.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 29d

Haha thanks for that beau. And no :( lol

Thanks guys. Seems that everyone started with an eseries. I'm hoping to start and end with one.

That car is pretty insane! I'm not planning on making that much power but it should be able to handle it. I can see this engine getting out of hand and me running out of money. Lol

I actually bought mine mid way through but still love the shape, they are also like 400kg lighter the a B+ series so that helps make them quick.

Edited by Dillz

• Member For: 21y 4m 1d

Goodluck with it, best advice I can give is....make sure you don't skimp out on the box, it will make or break (literally) the car. Too many eseries owners go down the turbo route and spend all their money on the motor.

Mentioned above was diff/box weakness, the box will be almost the same as the BA box (some better things, some worse things) and your diff will have 28 spline axles which will be strong enough for plenty of power, I know 2 cars that have done 9's with almost standard rear ends, and I've done 10's with a near standard rear end.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 29d

Your talking about the XR diff yeah? Don't the lower models have just a standard rubbish one? Not that XR diffs are expensive or hard to come by.

• Member For: 21y 4m 1d

XR ones were 3.45 ratio, and most were LSD. EB2-EL all had 28 spline axles, the weak diffs I'm talking about are the 25 spline EA ones.

The LSD's are usually rubbish throughout all of them, by next to stock I meant just a minispool thrown in.

• Member For: 11y 11m 4d

Goodluck with it, best advice I can give is....make sure you don't skimp out on the box, it will make or break (literally) the car. Too many eseries owners go down the turbo route and spend all their money on the motor.

Mentioned above was diff/box weakness, the box will be almost the same as the BA box (some better things, some worse things) and your diff will have 28 spline axles which will be strong enough for plenty of power, I know 2 cars that have done 9's with almost standard rear ends, and I've done 10's with a near standard rear end.

Yeah.I just finished.reading about that guy.who ran 9's on boosted with the stock engine and dif! Couldn't believe it! . I'm pretty set on a c4 . I think I have a few sitting around and I've talked to a few people running them.

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 11y 11m 4d

Hey guys. Havnt been on here for ages! Project is taking alot longer than expected.

Engine is almost done just waiting for the head to be ported.

Mods now consist of :

-je forged pistons

-spool rods

-atomic girdle and studs both main and head

-je hi volume oil pump

-atomic valve springs

-billet crow cam

-6boost manifold

-nizpro plenum

-garret gtx4202r

Head is being done by hoppers heads with bigger valves and crap. Theres probably lots more ive forgotten but yeah.

Finally got my turbo!! God its big! IMG_20140121_182324_zpstixoz1j5.jpg

IMG_20140121_182311_zpsomjpgf7l.jpg

IMG_20140121_171200_zpsvxataeuv.jpg

Also got my head studs

IMG_20131227_112619_zpsxrs5x4uv.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI U8950N-51 using Tapatalk