Fg F6E Suspension

LukeF6E

• Member For: 12y 15d

Hi. This is my first post on this site so go easy on me.

I bought a second-hand F6E in January with only 15000km on the dial and I love it. Except for the suspension. I have read fairly exhaustively on this forum and can't seem to find an answer to my query. I want to put some suspension in that handles better than the stock gear but don't want to lower the ride height at all. My local spares guy contacted King Springs HQ who said that they don't make any for the FPV yet!!! I would really like to hear from someone with some real life experience with this fix and would appreciate your comments.

I have plans to do some upgrades a little bit down the track but thought it best to wear a bit of the warranty out first.

Thanks for your help.

This is the only photo I have so far...

post-50680-0-32144500-1334308824_thumb.j

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 19d

Wholesale suspension. They are a site sponsor, well at least untill the end of the month. Pat will be more that happy to point you in the right direction

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 13d

^^^^ that or given your location, I would contact Kings direct mate - ask for Steve D. They also have a fitting service at the factory on the goldie. You would just need to take it elsewhere for an alignment.

Your car would most likely be slightly lower than XR standard height which is 365mm centre of hub to guard. Measure what it is currently and they should be able to match up some springs within maybe 10mm which is bugger all really. I'd be thinking SSL's allround will get you close to what you're after and as you've got 19's, ground clearance won't be an issue. The shocks would also be ok with them unless you want to upgrade at the same time.

Edited by Bomber

Guest XR09
  • Guests

I wouldwalk from that man who told you that.

Strait after I biatch slapped the mother.

Mate the only diff on XR to xt to FPV is sping and damper rate. And I think 20mm ride height across the range.

Seriousley a dickhead.

If ya want the same height as FPV go ssl kings and Koni reds. It will transform your car by miles. Truly will give it a Euro ride. You wont need to change bushes with this set up. but a decent suspension guy will check them out well before he bolts your new shoite in anyway. Don't be suprised if your OEM's are shagged with only a few K's on them. Their squishy little useless suckers std anyway.

• Member For: 12y 15d

Thanks - I love it (I might have already said that). I had only had it 2 weeks and some low-life keyed one of the doors in the carpark at work. To say I was homicidal would be an understatement....

It does have the Brembos all round - 6 piston up front and 4 in the rear so it stops in a hurry. I nearly hurt myself a couple of times when I first drove it.

Thanks for your replies regarding my suspension query too. I will give Pat a call next week and get some more info. From what I can gather, based on my car being the same ride height as the XR6, I would need KFFL40 in the front and KFRL68 in the rear to keep it standard and SSL front and SL rear to drop it around 30mm (and retain the factory forward raked sill height).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest XR09
  • Guests

Not sure about what the std ride height is..

My suspension is hight adjustable. And have found that the car performs best between a 340mm and 350mm ride height.

340mm being for stability and 350mm more for turn in and change of direction.

They scrape on just about everything running the std height anyway, which would have to be about 355 to 360 I think.

ps I love your car

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 17d

You only need to change your shocks for what you need mate :spoton:

Throwing a set of Koni's or Bilsteins in the car will make it handle and ride better with out any ride height change.

As mentioned the standard bushes in these cars are very soft. Your car will destroy the front upper control arm bushes and the front lower caster bush. Changing these will result in a more direct feel and you will get better tyre life too.

Also keep in mind the rear end - the diff bushes will flog out, so look at changing these with super pro products too. :spoton:

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 17d

Wholesale suspension. They are a site sponsor, well at least untill the end of the month. Pat will be more that happy to point you in the right direction

I'll be here til the end of May thankyou!