New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,884 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 17y 9m 7d

The DSC/traction control in the FGs seems to kick in pretty quickly. I can put my foot down around corners and it cuts in pretty quick as soon as grip is lost. Don't drive like a looney in the rain with the DSC off and you will enjoy a safe ride :)

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 16d

Hey Fellas,

I am picking up my BF XR6T Tomorrow. Super excited. Previous fords include XB Hardtop (landau, love of my life for 20 years), xD, EB, EL, AU, and a BA xr6. I do *some* of my own mechanical work and simple servicing but I really like to dig into the details of how stuff works. This forum has been useful already.

• Like 1

• Member For: 15y 8m 28d

hello all, I and my wife are execting our first baby and we are looking at upgrading from a Suzuki swift 2007. We have been looking on carsales for quite sometime now. we test drove a ford xr6tfg 2008 auto and have fallen in love with it.

I don't know alot about these cars and am hoping to learn more before I purchase.

my main concern is regarding the handling and safety characteristics associated. I did own a subaru and always felt confident/safe taking corners in it in any weather condition.

any tips advise would be appreciated. thanks

I have a Territory Turbo and a XR6T the AWD of the territory and the older I6T engine doesnt have the same kick in a#$% as the FG but have had it on wet roads in a driver training facility doing emergency brake and lane changes at over 120Klm and the awd combined with DSC and all the other driver aids means it was rock solid and the only reason was doing higher speeds was a lack of good run off area if something did go wrong for higher speeds ( had plenty for 120)

my family is in the territory from day to day and short of high end euro suv's I doubt you could put them in anything safer that doesnt feel like driving a white appliance. Still smacks down the odd SS commonbore on private roads/track and is perfect family truckster

The FG is the perfect car for me who spends 6 to 10 hours a week on open highways and is extremly safe with all the extra air bags dsc ebd etc etc etc... but I have and it does step out sideways if your not paying attention and going a little too hard for the conditions

If safety is number one and you want 95% of the performance of the FG then drive a territory turbo you can find them in around a 2008 model Performance wise the extra traction helps give you the edge over the reduce power and extra weight so you dont loose much

If all out kick in the a@#$ power delivery but still in a safe package then the FG is the best value car on the market if you ask me. but as you see from my garage I am biased

• Member For: 11y 8m 13d

post-52810-134735270318_thumb.jpg

Had the car almost three weeks now. Can't believe I've never bought one before. Love every minute of driving her. Ex Ford exec FG MKII with 5,000kms when I picked her up.

SENSATIONAL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 17d

Hi guys,

I signed up on here a few years ago when I was far younger with dreams of getting an xr6 turbo. I'm now back after buying a few different cars in my youth(vt commodore, e36 BMW, e39 528i BMW) and recently was looking at an Audi twin turbo a6 but the car in question was too dodgy to touch.

Anyway I'm now the proud owner of a ba 2004 xr6 turbo optioned with leather + premium sound with a Catback. I didn't really want it but after I'd spoken on price it turned out there was also a sub+amp in the boot.

I already plan to get a few small things done(if anyone has the cosmetic parts cheap pm me and let me know! Il take them off your hands lol)...

Window tint(just got it done today...pics soon)

Ba mk2/bf sport pedals

Bf tail lights

Ba flip key if I find one that works(if anyone wants to link me to a seller)

Xr door sills(would love to find some illuminated)

CIA

K&n air filter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

post-14772-134743745302_thumb.jpg

post-14772-13474374799_thumb.jpg

post-14772-134743749557_thumb.jpg

post-14772-134743756184_thumb.jpg

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 23d

Fark off Ciaran, Kinectic Rules.

You wouldn't want to play "spotto" with kinetic fg's. Would have no strength left in your arm, and the spotter would have bruised as fck knuckles