Welcome to Ford XR6 Turbo.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guest LionHeart

New Members Thread

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com   1,674 members have voted

1. 1. How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com

• From Myford.com.au
    • Site Sticker
    • Word Of Mouth
    • Dealer
    • Internet Search
    • Ford Forums
    • Other (Post it)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3,567 posts in this topic

Curious to know.

We have over 530 members now and it would be good to hear how you all found out about this site :thumbsup:

Ford Forums initially, but it was also mentioned to me by a dealer who sponsors our club.

I came across the site via an internet search on the xr6 shortly after you guys set it up and I've been lurking and learning quietly in the background until recently. It's been a great resource and certainly helped shape my decisions to buy and configure.Cheers

Likewise, did a search on Yahoo for XR6 Turbo as I figured that there had to be more out there than just the New Falcon website and the site came up.

Ford Forums.... Don't post here much, however if I buy am XR6T, that may change :thumbsup:

Chris told me about it the day after he put the site up...hence the #4 user number

I first saw it in someone's signature on Ford Forums :lol:

Now I wonder who that was? :biggrin:

On the seventh of December I went in and signed up for a heavily optioned Turbo. I had spent the previous 7 weeks playing with the configuration of the "imaginary" vehicle on the Ford.com.au site.

When I came home I was all hyped up. Did a google search and came across this site.

The rest as they say is ....

Actually was stuffing around to see if someone had some type of site like this in operation just out of boredom one day. I was also hoping somewhere there was a decent pic of the "Phantom" colour.

Typed in "fordxr6turbo.com" and what do you know. Haven't been able to leave it. I'm not usually someong that would read thread upon thread but I think this site is unique in a way.

All involved have done a great job. Keep it up. :spit:

Hahaha. I have a lower member number than the Moderator. :P

But, he most likely has a XR6T, whilst I don't.

I don't come here often, as I don't have a Turbo yet. And will not have one until they become available second hand.

(Through Ford Forums BTW)

Someone had a link to here from Fordforums. So after a while of lurking I joined up.

Stumbled across this site from a web search, while trying to track down more info about my future purchase. I think I typed in 10 different variations on "ford" "XR6" "Turbo" "XR6T" until I finally came across this site, and realised I was in pure XR6T knowledge nirvana :D These forums have helped answer every one of my questions and then some.

Keep up the good work guys.

Since picking the turbo up have been interested in finding out more, so where else better than an internet search for other drivers and owners. And wallah...A site dedicated solely to XR6T nuts like myself!!!! Great to see other people having as much pleasure with their new toys as I am with mine!!!! And also interesting to see that people are experiencing a few of the same little hiccups as I am such as the gear box.

Love my XR6T, the best car I've ever driven!!!!!!!!! :D :thumbsup: B)

Since picking the turbo up have been interested in finding out more, so where else better than an internet search for other drivers and owners. And wallah...A site dedicated solely to XR6T nuts like myself!!!! Great to see other people having as much pleasure with their new toys as I am with mine!!!! And also interesting to see that people are experiencing a few of the same little hiccups as I am such as the gear box.

Love my XR6T, the best car I've ever driven!!!!!!!!! :D :thumbsup: B)

Hi Lisa welcome aboard.. good to see another female amongst us.. :thumbsup:

I found out about it from my brother he sent me a link to try and show me how bad the xr6 turbo is

hes a Expensive Daewoo person so is always trying to show me how crap ford is

ive got a 97 KJ II Laser 1.8 manual and want to get a BA XR6 Turbo or XR8

so saving all my $$$ for that

i found out about it from my brother he sent me a link to try and show me how bad the xr6 turbo is

hes a holden person so is always trying to show me how crap ford is

ive got a 97 KJ II Laser 1.8 manual and want to get a BA XR6 Turbo or XR8

so saving all my $$$ for that

Well obviously his attempt failed miserably! :D

Twiddling thumbs thinking of my car, at the time was just a order floating in cyber space. Enjoyed the comments and pics so decided to join before mine arrives.

web search while researching the namesake of our FAB forum :D