Lowering Blocks On Bf Falcon Utes

macca2042

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 5d

ok so I have done the lowering job on my BF2 ute today, put 1.5" blocks into it, has 18' wheels but the main point of this thread is a heads up for others considering doing this..

ok so I have asked around and I was told 1.5" blocks could squeeze in with 18's as a minimum, that being due to the lower shock bracket/mount being designed as it is wont allow any lower. so all up it took 4.5 hours on a trolley jack and nothin else and I actually believe it was prob easier on a jack cos I could nut out what was happening alot easier.

so first side went together alrite eventually once I nutted out exactly how to do it and had a VERY!!!!! limited clearance to the wheel, took for a drive to be certain it wasnt gonna touch the inside wheel weight haha, so that was good, had maybe 2mm clearance I spose, other side I hit a problem, put it together and found the lower shock mount was touching the wheel.. not sure exactly if it was the way I had the wheel but had to manouver the spring pack across to the outside a bit so I could move the mount closer to the diff to hopefully clear the wheel.. eventually after alot of swearing and cursing and sweat I got it to clear barely..

so word of advice, if you are considering this with your BF onwards ute, make sure you have 19's or bigger wheels fitted or are mechanically minded and a good thinker cos with the 18's it was alot of a hassle to make them fit..

btw, ute looks wicked now though, dropped a solid 30mm at the rear and now looks nice and level

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 4d

Pics? 30mm isn't much, unless the front is lowered now it might be level.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 6d

Get some bigger wheels!

That pic shows it so well, I know that the wheel shouldnt move any closer or contact the shock or mount but that 5-10mm is just so little. That is why I had my leaves reset rather than blocks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Member For: 10y 4m 8d

I do have pics but will put them up tomoz, looks pretty close as to stickin the rear right up

macca2042 you got those pics yet? Would like to see what you did and how you made it work as I have 18s on my BA and would like to try and get 1.5" blocks on too.

• 10 months later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 9y 4m 19d

I have bf ute with standard rear springs with 17" rims. what would you guys recommend for lowering it, more towards the cheaper side like lowering blocks?

cheers

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 2m 27d

all I would do is take the two ten m m spacers out of the bottom of the spring and also the rubber spacer . after that there will be heaps of room ,all is does will allow the shock absorber

to be higher than it is now . but it will go back to the normal hight it would have been before the lowering block was installed .ps I do not run a spacer or rubber cushion on my ute .there

was no rubber there originally on my one tonne ute (these are john bow special springs with nolathane bushes )

P7221879.jpg

Edited by gunna