Coilovers Or New Springs And Shocks+ Sway Bars ?

smXR6

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 1d

I had the pedders shocks with king springs in my old falcon a couple of years ago and I didn't mind them much different to Monroe gas shocks. For the price I'd just buy Monroe. Unless they have better quality stuff at pedders these days.

• Member For: 15y 7m 21d

Mate when you say SSL & SL weren't low enough, do you remember what height they were hub to guard? Stock I'm at 370ish and was told (by Kings) that combo should come out at 350.

Should be a pic of mine in 300kw section if not wholesale suspensions section, post by me. It's about 20-30mm drop from memory bud

• Member For: 12y 2m 28d

Pedders have quoted me $2,600 for their coil overs, fitted !!!! And if I went just springs, $900 fitted with wheel alignment!! What are they smoking? And with the springs, 35 to 40mm drop in height.

I'm just chasing 15mm, as I don't want it scraping everywhere.

Another place quoted me $595 for Kings, SL's I think, fitted with wheel alignment. Drop of around 20mm then plus settling /sagging of 5 to 10mm.

Will be going to another place this week to get another price. If it is too hard, then I'll just leave it as standard and not worry about it.

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 23d

Try another Pedders place if you're keen on the Adjustables.

I paid I think $2000 all up installed - they're franchised I believe so will have different prices depending on their work they've got going.

(One pedders quoted me 2250, the other one 2000 and I questioned why it was more and he said "They must not have much on, I'm flat out")

They also have the Certegy thing, where you can pay it off over x months if you cant pay it upfront..

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 4m 6d

when replacing springs only, will they blow out your shocks fairly quickly? front is stock atm, might go sl fronts (need to be able to drive on job sites) but im unsure if I should replace the shock at the same time... thinking of selling the ute soon so not sure if I want to go down the bilstiens road...

have had pedders 'reset' leaf springs in the rear but it feels a bit soft (especially over narrow speed humps)... will changing the rear shocks to a short travel aftermarket fix this? or is this all spring rate related?

Edited by Emosh99

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 5d

Emosh just go SSLs in the front, SLs don't cut it.

In a BA sedan XYZ coilovers and some

Swag bars.

• Like 1