Taking On The Epa

Dillz

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 18d

I really feel for you car enthusiasts in Vic.. This is getting insane.. Soon we'll all be driving prius's and won't be allowed to upgrade the battery pack to the new improved energizer one for mad power gains as Toyota will of convinced the EPA it's bad for the environment so we have to keep using theirs.

• Member For: 16y 2m 19d

Yeah,dont know how they got them all approved,but they did and they are. I know first hand that they pass. I wonder if the GT HO comes out with a cooler,if it will pass. Honestly dont know how they pass noise tests standard as they are loud as fark.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d

Only factory fitted noise changing exhausts are legal. No oiled filters is the worst part, do they even make performance dry ones?

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 4m 27d

It's getting so hard to modify cars these days. Will be going for the standard look next time.

Not wrong Dre getting harder and harder. The cops know what to look for now, not as stupid as they once were.

Both correct. New cars have to pass a million test to be "legal" so it only makes sense that what companies go through shouldnt be thrown out the window as soon as its bought.

Bit harsh/unfair maybe yes, but then if you want a faster car.....buy one. If you cant afford it. Bad luck.

No one wins wither way sometimes with modded cars (unfortunately) hence the rules.....(been there before and never again)

Edited by CBXRT

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d

Isn't the noise test conducted at normal operating rpm or something? So bi-modal systems don't open till above that?

3200 rpm for us

Also says that the microphone has to be setup properly and mounted on a tripod, never seen that happen.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 18d

And not sure on down there but I got off once in a WRX because it was impossible to get a clean test on the roadside without ambient noise (from cars going past)