Taking On The Epa

Dillz

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 29d

Thought this info might help people on their next trip to the EPA or better still help you get around them in the first place.

Some Key points would be that ALL oil filters are in fact illegal, you can have a pod or a bigger intercooler but not both and also larger injectors are illegal.

I think if you really put the effort in you could could get some decent power out of your car and still pass an EPA test without having to change anything. In other words yeah it's hard but not impossible.

It's an interesting read anyway.

EPA GUIDELINES

http://epanote2.epa..../$FILE/1031.pdf

Environmental Protection Regulations.

http://www.austlii.e...eg/eper2003563/

VIC ROADS REGULATIONS

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/CC48FC10-4D57-4F04-82E1-3BD72EF88340/0/VSI8.pdf

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 4d

My stock exhaust with centre muffler out, and it was fairly quiet, passed the noise test by .5db.

Some helpful info.

• Donating Members

Was that after a tune?

The only spot I could see where you might get stuck is injectors, will either need to get bigger ones approved or hopefully at least be able to use F6 ones on XR's.

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 4d

It's getting so hard to modify cars these days. Will be going for the standard look next time.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 2d

It's getting so hard to modify cars these days. Will be going for the standard look next time.

Not wrong Dre getting harder and harder. The cops know what to look for now, not as stupid as they once were.

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 4d

That was stock tune flashed back in, all stock piping but no bov, which they noted.

• Donating Members

Chucked up vic roads too, it's crazy the hoops you got to jump through just for a hobby.

270 is the widest we are allowed on the back too, who the f*ck makes a 270 width tyre? :bangcomputer:

• Member For: 16y 2m 25d

How are testers going to know if you have bigger injectors? Especially if they are drilled factory items. If you have injectors and a tune,aslong as the smelly stuff coming out the back is within specs,they cant do anything yeah? As I have said before,somehow Nizpro have done whatever it takes to get their full kits to pass. Maybe without exhausts on the B series but pretty sure they pass with exhaust on FGs.. Bit of comfort for people thinking bout modding legally.

• Donating Members

They can pull them out and test them if they want. Drilled injectors would be a loophole I guess as they are still a factory unit, same thing hopefully with F6 ones.

Nizpro kits can't/won't pass if they have a cooler and a pod as that rule is clear as day. Even if your exhaust passes emissions I doubt any high flow exhaust bigger then stock will pass a noise test.

However with a bit of luck an FG with F6 injectors, high flowed stock air box with panel filter, high flow cat and big cooler should technically be ok and still make 300..