Xt Turbo Wagon

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 21d

I have finally had enough of putting up with my wifes car, the kids mobile, the BA XT Wagon. My car is a BF F6 with lots of extra bits and a built motor running 411rwkw. You can imagine my pain as well as the kids when we drive the wagon (the kids love the acceleration feeling of the phoon).

So to fix the problem, I went to a pickles auctions and bought a stat write off 2003 BA xr6t sedan for an engine conversion. After lots of suffering and turmoil (this was my first engine swap), me and a mate got it all swapped over during a week. We dismantled the wreck, pulled the motor etc from the wagon, and switched it all over including wiring harness.

The car is now getting the final bits sorted at my tuners, matching PCMs to BCMs etc, and also checking that I didn't fubar anything. I just want to get an idea of the things I need to watch out for with this model. Im already planning to get it flashed, exhaust, intercooler and injectors. My goal is to try and get it to 260-280rwkw and leave it, this is my wifes car so I need minimal problems.

Just wanted to hear what peoples recommendations on mods were to hit the power I want while keeping it a regular reliable everyday driver.

Cheers

Rhys

Gearbox is 4 speed auto. What are the standard springs rated at for power? Was hoping to get away putting in the F6 standard springs, if I can find them.

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 5d

Always wanted a turbo wagon. Good on ya for giving it a go. Might want to put a tranny cooler on the 4 spd though. You wouldn't be far off making 300 with those mods.

Thanks guys, will add springs and trans cooler to the list. Should I invest in the turbo flapper mod, or is the power level I'm after OK with out it?

The scariest part of the conversion was pulling the wagon apart, car was running before I touched it. At this point I was thinking WTF are you doing to this car! All worked out in the end. I reckon if I did it again I could probably do it in half the time. Took a few pics along the way, once everything is finished ill post them up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 27d

Yeah any progress on this?

I read a build thread a few months ago on an XR6 wagon (XR6WGN as the numberplates?) on FF, and I think they had to change a lot of the rear of the car since it's putting through a lot more power than the stock setup is use to.

From memory they used parts of a turbo ute?

Can't quite remember, might read that thread again as it was quite an interesting read - you might find it handy too.

Good job though mate, can't wait to see what it's like completed.