What Tyres Are You Using?

diomedes

• Member For: 15y 3m 25d

Mid range tyres that offer good value look into Kumho KU31's (320 wear rating) or also Nitto Invos (260 rating) - I've found the invos to be about the same as the KU31's grip wise so far but I am running them at 40PSI instead of 36 on the rears. Sick of edges getting shagged so fast. Invos might be quieter though.

I've had KU31's on for about 15,ooo K's and for overall grip dry and wet they are one of the best I've had. Not sure how they will go for longevity though. If I get 25- 30Kms I'll be happy enough. They are noisy in my opinion compared to others.

• Member For: 15y 3m 25d

I got 40K from the original Dunlops, but they were really gone at that stage. I moved to KU31's and have been very happy to date. Very sticky in wet and dry. Bit on the noisy side though particularly on some common road surfaces. On others they are OK. I've had P-Zero Nero (very over rated tyre in my opinion. Not happy at all with wet performance) Toyo's were pretty good also but less sticky than the KU31's. When my current tyres run out I see no reason to go with any other than the KU31's (or whetvew they are replaced with by then) Their performance for the buck is really hard to challenge.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Agree completely. To update that January 2012 quote of mine above, the Invos were great on the fronts for cornering, far superior to KU31s even when I'd scrubed the shoulders right down (not good for wet I'd imagine). I had issues with them on the rear but have since replaced the suspension and am keen to try them again...but have KU31's on once again, all round, due to the great value.

I break traction easily on the KU31s once they are half worn (roughly)...especially in the wet on corners, but they remain OK in the dry on straights.

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 10y 9m 9d

Hi guys, sorry have been a bit slack re the site lately but for what its worth I replaced the original Dunlops with Khumo 131's at less than half price (from memory) and would thoroughly recommend them. Just did a trip around Aus in all conditions and no problems at all. Great in the dry, pretty good in the wet and at this stage really long wearing. Another Khumo type (can't remember which - too long ago) were terrible especially in the wet and surprisingly not very good for distance?

• Like 1