What Tyres Are You Using?

diomedes

• Member For: 13y 7m 30d

So I need to replace the tyres on the wifes G6ET and all the local dealers have a different story to tell when it comes to tyres some say the korean stuff is trash like the nexen N1000's, or that the Archilles ATR Sports are great buying.

It currently has 245 40R 18 93Y Dunlops on it atm, which I can get in Syndey for $270, or in Brisbane for $388 grrrrr....

Looked at Pirelli Rosso's which I can get in Syndey for $350 delivered but won't have time to freight em going away on Friday and need them done by then and here in Brissy the best price I've been quoted for Rosso's are $399.

So my question to all you is what rubber are you using and how is it going for you in terms of longevity, noise and performance.

• G666E Turbo!!!
  • Member For: 14y 3m 8d

I have Achilles at the moment

They are cheap and hard wearing, but believe it or not traction is good, better than the p zero nero's I have had and pretty much everything else I've run bar another cheap Asian tyre, including even the Nitto Nt05's

Although they aren't the best tyre for cornering or wet performance but better than some that Ive used

I would buy rossos every review I've read says they are sh*t

Dealers say they are sh*t, probably cos there is more margin on a $400 tyre than there is on a $125 tyre

Negative points about the Achilles is they are noisy on coarse chip roads....

Ive used nexen tyres with success before too and thought the n3000 were a pretty good wet weather tyres when I used them, about 100x better than a Bridgestone re001 that's for sure!

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 24d

+1 for achilles being better then you'd expect.. Seen a few mates get surprising amounts of grip drag racing on them (Tread Wear 480 or something)

• Member For: 13y 7m 30d

Yeah I was seriously looking at the Achilles ATR Sports as I can get them for $180 each and people seem to talk them up as good bang for buck, but the being made in Indo was a worry.

Right now I am leaning towards the Toyo T1 Sports for $306 each, and they are made in Japan... undecided still, guess that's the reason for the post, glad someone else has the ATRs on and they are upto par. Will really have to look at them again.

Edited by diomedes

• UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 7d

have you looked at the Maxxis MA-Z1??.a few guys on here have used them and seem to have good reviews

• Member For: 12y 6m 18d

The PZero Rosso is an awesome tyre I can't believe someone would say there sh*t I mean I love them and there original equipment on Ferrari's and the Zonda can't be that "sh*t". Mid range I'd go Maxxis MAZ1 if you can in that size.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m

Mid range tyres that offer good value look into Kumho KU31's (320 wear rating) or also Nitto Invos (260 rating) - I've found the invos to be about the same as the KU31's grip wise so far but I am running them at 40PSI instead of 36 on the rears. Sick of edges getting shagged so fast. Invos might be quieter though.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 30d

Lol, there's more grooves then rubber.

Maxxis are pretty good for a mid range they do get a little slippery in the last half of the tread though.