Does Bigger Intercooler = Retune Necessary

ZelchXR6T

• Member For: 17y 6m 26d

Hi Guys,

My BF2 F6 is currently running standard intercooler and piping. The car has been flashed with the stock cooler/exhaust so I was wondering if I replace the standard intercooler with a bolt on larger core intercooler (stock piping) would I need a retune or will the computer learn it? From my limited knowledge I'd think not because its a variable that is regulalrly controlled by the outdoor temperature anyway. Just wanted to double check.

Also, what if I added a dump pipe and high flow cat to the equation?

I've been running considerably high power for some time now (at 323rwkw) with just larger injectors and want to cool things down and increase flow etc so that I don't lose out on hot days but don't have the bank balance to go all out thanks to upcoming replacement of some dead rear end bushes... :(

Your help would be appreciated! Cheers!

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 27d

323 with just injectors :o. Who tuned it?

A dump and cat will definitely require a retune. Adding a Cooler. It no piping shouldnt, but I'm still baffled about this 320+kw.

• Member For: 13y 8m 27d

The more effective the cooler the greater risk of inducing a lean condition, so I'm with MX Dave, don't go around boosting it up until you make sure you have safe air/fuel ratios, and not boost spiking which may cause a lean condition,as your tune my not have the approriate parameters/maps available, Cheers.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 21d

That much power with stock exhaust and intercooler doesn't sound right.. Definitely get it looked at.