Fg And Fg Mk2

cmitc91

• Member For: 12y 7m 6d

hey guys just wondering if anyone knows or has put the fg2 headlights in a fg series 1 I couldnt see why they wouldnt fit to be honest but you never know.

I would like to do this as I like the idea of the projector and looks a little better??

cheers

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 25d

I heard that they are the same size and will fit.

however I think one person has done this, but im unsure of whats involved in terms of wiring etc.

gee mate you dont mess around in doing stuff with your ute.

• Member For: 12y 7m 6d

ahaha yeah I like to be doing things most of the time I just carnt wait till around chrissy get to do engine mods :buttrock:

but everyone is probs sick of me asking all these questions :/ sorry guys aha

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 5d

Questions are good, and so is the search function.

Questions get the ideas out there, which is what this site is all about. Next someone will do it and post pics up of the install and problems encounted for everyones benefit.

• Member For: 12y 11m 7d

They do fit in I have them in my G6E. There not cheap around $800 for the pair retail you will have to make up a loom for them to work since the low beam is now a H7 globe. If you want pictures of the headlights I can take some tomorrow night. The only thing is you must get FPV MK2 ones you can't use Mk2 G6E or G6E Turbo ones because there is no parker light in them I have to drill a hole in them when I get around to it. This is a G6E Mk2 Headlight

IMG_0052.jpg

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 5d

Thanks mate, Legend. Pics installed, lights on and off would be great. Cheers :buba: What are the XR ones like, any info on your search for these? For $800 looks like the DRL ones might be an option(not sure on how they look on the XR, the FPV ones look good on Smurf's though), or wait till a copy comes out in the year. Wish they had put the low beam on the outside like the BA-BF. Understand it because of the FG's shape, yet the sonic (think that's where there from?) is able to do it. Nice work FG_G6E. :sungum:

Edited by Barra

I will take some tomorrow after work. I can get retail prices & part numbers tomorrow the last time I looked ford had about 25 headlights left

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 25d

Nobody really cares about XR lights Adam :rolleyes:

More importantly though what is the functionality like? Worthwhile upgrade? A review I read a while back said they were a bit underwhelming.

I have access to our ford catalog here are the part numbers and prices for the headlights. These are retail prices less GST

XR Mk2 BR2Z 13005 BA (RH) BR2Z 13006 BA (LH) List price $347 + GST Each

For All Fg MK1 XT,G6,G6E,G6ET you must use FPV BR2Z 13005 CA (RH) BR2Z 13006 CA (LH) List price $347 + GST Each

These Headlights come with a loom attached to them so you can either cut the plug and just use terminals if you wish.