All Things Zf

Dillz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 4d

Lucky for me, PWR are 10 minutes up the road. I bought an expansion tank recently and discussed this with Luke. They do have something in the pipeline. To keep it simple, it will still be a heat exchanger and plumb up to the stock fittings for ease of fit. It will be significantly bigger and use a much better core design. Don't think we'll see it until the end of the year by the sounds though. Anyway, they're onto it and no doubt it will be a good thing.

Keep us all posted. I'd be very interested in one.

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 7d

Called a dealer today - thanks to the spare parts guys at Q-Ford Springwood who were very helpful. They confirmed there are two versions. Can someone please confirm what the FG F6 'larger' part number is. The territory version apprently has slighty a different mount?

I think the FPV version will be 6R79-7A095-AA. Cheers, Bomber.

• Member For: 17y 10m 22d

Called a dealer today - thanks to the spare parts guys at Q-Ford Springwood who were very helpful. They confirmed there are two versions. Can someone please confirm what the FG F6 'larger' part number is. The territory version apprently has slighty a different mount?

I think the FPV version will be 6R79-7A095-AA. Cheers, Bomber.

Why didn't he give you both part numbers?

It will be pointless getting the number off another unit if they all supercede to the same number now, if there is a difference in numbers in parts it can help others with their decisions.

The numbers printed on ford parts are not always the number that spare parts have a listing of

• Donating Members

AR2Z6A642AA- FG F6 OIL COOLER (10/2010- Onwards)

BG7A095C- LARGER TRANSMISSION COOLER. (To suit 6 Speed gearbox FG XR6 Turbo.)

Both are options for the police pack and heavy duty applications for the FG XR6 Turbo.

Quoted from ford day before quote stamp.

Ford quoted me $210.65 inc for the F6 oil cooler as pictured. and $179.47 for the larger trans cooler block, both police options for the FG XR6 as listed at ford.

Might be a Mahle? Not sure didn't know of the brand at the time. I believe there is a yellow sticker for std and blue from memory for the larger one. Don't quote me on that though. :buba:

Wish PWR would hurry up and make one. I asked Coolerworks to consider a replacement as they have access to good heat exchangers from what I was told. The race is on........? Maybe. :paladin:

Edited by Barra

• Donating Members

As said by JC807 the new one is identical but made by Mahle, the KTM ones were apparently recalled by ford but I ordered it 3 times and got a KTM, I refused to accept this as it was the dealer (Sinclar Ford) that said they were recalled (otherwise they are most helpfull Ford dealer from my experience), picked up a Mahle one from Peter Warren (plenty in stock), the plastic lines were only purchased cause they were removed for the heat exchanger swap and to flush the box.

Heat Exchanger was $150

Lines were $90

Flush inc gen zf lg6 $600

I know people are getting very good results with GF, but this was said with the Transmax Z aswell. Some have issues and some don't. I wasn't game so stuck with ZF, If I build the box at a later stage then I may change to a different oil.

Anyone know or can find out about the bold underlined statement above. Might be able to get a replacement / upgrade for free inc install. :brightidea::ielh:

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 7d

Why didn't he give you both part numbers?

It will be pointless getting the number off another unit if they all supercede to the same number now, if there is a difference in numbers in parts it can help others with their decisions.

The numbers printed on ford parts are not always the number that spare parts have a listing of

The depth changes with the extra cores. Mine is 50mm. The bigger version is 65mm I believe.

I'm checking an 09' plate F6 one today Mick and I'll then get them to see what is the current model number replacement.

Edited by special needs panda

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 24d

Anyone know or can find out about the bold underlined statement above. Might be able to get a replacement / upgrade for free inc install. :brightidea::ielh:

Probably not much use to you, but most things like that flag your vehicle based on production date so the next time you're getting serviced at a Ford dealer it will prompt them to change it.

If you don't use a dealer and it's not a safety recall then you'd never be any wiser.