All Things Zf

Dillz

• Member For: 10y 6m 17d
I left the converter bolted up to the flex plate when I did this.
This was where you went wrong. Allways unbolt the convertor because they never line up back in the pump easily even if you pull it straight out and push back in. Lucky you sorted it anyway
  • Like 1

• Member For: 10y 5m 20d
16 hours ago, eff xr6t said:

This was where you went wrong. Allways unbolt the convertor because they never line up back in the pump easily even if you pull it straight out and push back in. Lucky you sorted it anyway emoji106.png

Yea I've always done it the proper way over the years on various cars but this is the first time the loom got caught in such a BS position and it just got me frustrated so I took a shortcut and we all know how those end up. All good, live and learn :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 3m 11d

I just got my BF XR6 Turbo ZF6 auto back from a tune, making about 360rwkws, but already I've noticed a couple of times under full load that it's failed to change from 2nd to 3rd and got to about 6,000rpm before it hit rev limiter and just cut all power...

I see a lot of people talking about their ZF6 slipping, but I think this is different?

I'm thinking the ZF6 is in need of a service?

• Member For: 11y 3m 11d

just over 100,000kms...

I don't believe the gearbox has ever been serviced... maybe I should get one anyway?

the car was first tuned about 5 years ago, and then more recently just a few days ago...

one thing I've noticed since the tune a few days ago is that the car drives and changes gears a lot smoother... it feels like the gearbox was more aggressive with the previous tune.. I don't know if this could have anything to do with it?

• Member For: 10y 5m 20d

Yea like I said, sounds like the torque reduction has been turned off.

Regardless, being at 100,000 km, you should service the trans anyway. It's not that big a job that people make it out to be.

Edited by woz84
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • Member For: 4y 11m 4d

Hello guys new to the zf6 gearbox just have an enquiry just picked up an 06 xr6 bf with a zf6 and when I brake then go to take off if feels like a car has hit me from behind when it goes to change gear if that makes sence also this morning there was a bit of lag from when I put the accelerator down to when it actually decided to change gear could need a service just thought id get opnions thank you