Weaponxr Goes 329 Rwkw By Pitlane

Weaponxr

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 18d

This has been a long time coming and I have remained reasonably quiet to this day.

I have had my 2006 BF XR6 Turbo for about a year now and have slowly gathered parts and it has had a couple of tunes and some work by a workshop. They fitted some 'hi flow' injectors, 12lb actuator, and gave it a custom tune with an Xcal3. This resulted in 281 rwkw which was great for the first week until I started seeing some undesirable things such as extremely poor fuel economy, rough idling, and out of control thermo fans which would just about kill the engine each time they switched on (every 2 minutes or so).

So after gathering the rest of the parts and discussing various options and details with Mick and Bel from Pitlane for around 6 months or so, this week was the week for everything to happen (12th to the 16th of December).

At this point I was to thank Mick, Belinda, and the team at Pitlane for carrying out the work on my car, they did a great job and it was to a standard that I would find hard to duplicate anywhere else. They restored my faith in my car at a time when this would have been a keep or sell situation depending on the outcome by Pitlane.

As the car sits now the following mods are done;

-AVO intercooler kit

-BPR CAI

-Injector Dynamics 725cc injectors

-12 lb turbo actuator and wastegate port

-Hi flow thermostat

-Earls turbo oil feed filter

-Walbro intank fuel pump

-Full turbo back Xforce exhaust (4inch dump, twin 2 1/2 inch system)

-Xcal 3 full custom tune by Pitlane

The result is 329 rwkw and 649.3NM of torque

post-43579-0-90474000-1324019155_thumb.j

• Member For: 20y 1m 16d

Congrats weaponxr I'm happy for ya! What would people do without Micks help. Victoria would have a lot more sh*t heap turbo's running around lol.

Nice night to pick it up too :)

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 1d

Good stuff,, my big brother is even stronger now loll.. Any ideas why it had the problems after the first tune?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 18d

Hi mate, too many people get hung up on dyno numbers and forget about the driveability, glad your happy with the out come

Exactly Mick, after my previous experience I have been more concerned about how the car drove on a daily basis and my concerns were all sorted once it went to Pitlane