Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 10d
5 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

You don't need to be excited to make gains man. You don't even need to be farked lol. Most days I'm just gittin er done.

If you put in a solid few months you will see all kinds of gains and by that stage it'll be a lot easier to remain consistent.

Pick a program and join club deepcheeks ;)

It's more that when I'm on site, if I go to the gym it doesn't really leave me with any time to actually unwind and chill before bed...and I end up going to bed wired so don't sleep as well either. Plus, it's a small gym and lots of people go...so it really puts me off.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 25d

Yeah I don't like working out late for the same reason.

In other news.....I shoulder pressed 60kg for 4 today but finished off with a lighter weight for 6 reps for the remaining sets. Now all my lifts are in the intermediate category on that link that I posted for whatever that's worth.

I've swapped barbell rowing for pullups just for this week as it's a heavier week. I managed 3 sets of 6 reps today. Fark me they aren't as easy as I remember but then again I weigh more than I used to :smiliefatbellydancer: It's funny cos I can pull 15 or so reps of 80kg with the barbell row but fark all with pullups. Oh well, these things take time to get good at and I've only just started doing pullups.

I also did some uneventful benching and barbell curling.

Anyways I'm not a musculine elephant yet but I'm gittin there :pandalol:

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d

I love pullups (chinups???), but fark me they take a lot of energy out of me. I do 10 overhand then 10 underhand then take a break to do a different exercise, then do 8 overhand and then 10 more underhand. I'm trying to get strong enough to do two muscle-ups in a row haha, that transition from chin to dip is bloody difficult.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Pull ups are the pronated or over hand ones and chin ups are the supinated or under hand ones.

I can't say that I love them yet but I'll keep doing them for a while if only to remove some stress from my lumbar spine from rows cos I'm deadlifting too.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
7 minutes ago, k31th said:

I'm trying to get strong enough to do two muscle-ups in a row haha, that transition from chin to dip is bloody difficult.

How many dips can you do? I haven't done them for yonks.

I've got an old swing frame in my back yard I could practice muscle ups on. I think it might be a while though.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d
20 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

How many dips can you do?

Heaps... I did 10/9/8 etc down to 1 rep sets after doing my usual triceps moves, once. Not sure on how many I could do in a row, but I find them relatively easy, compared to chin/pull ups.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Nice one guvna! I used to do 3 sets of 20 when I weighed 78kg about 9 years ago. I think I should keep an eye out for a free dip machine on trusty ole gumballs.