Ba/bf Block Different To Fg. Yes I Know, But Read On.

johno

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 13d

I know there is a difference between the BA/BF, and FG block. Something to do with RH engine mount bracket??

The reason I ask is that I just fitted a brand new F6 long engine from Ford to me BA ute, and it is the BA/BF F6 engine according to the dealer I got it off.

Now, the RH engine mounting bracket had to be trimmed to clear a cast lug on the side of the engine.

Does this mean that my BA/BF F6 engine has an FG F6 bottom end??

Come on all you experts, what do you reckon?

• Donating Members

I bought a long motor, not a short. It was the only long they had in stock. It did come with oil in it, and the mechanic said he had to clean the loctite out of the inlet manifold bolt holes in the head. Could it have been taken out of a new car at sometime, and had a BA/BF sump fitted? I have heard of parts being taken out of new cars to supply the spare parts divisions.

Just seems strange.

• Donating Members

Yeah, it even had a water pump, and harmonic ballancer. Not shown on the parts list.

I am wondering if it is an FG F6 bottom, it should have the forged pistons etc.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 6d

I dont think any of the factory engineshave forged pistons.Im sure if I am wrong someone will correct me thou.

johno what price did they charge you for the long motor if you dont mind me asking.

Cheers john

• Donating Members

I thought the FG F6 has forged pistons? Reading other threads seems to suggest this.

Long motor $9,000.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 24d

sh*t man sounds like a bitza if it was a genuine ba/bf long u shouldnt of had to trim anything

if it was a fg long it would of had the different sump

but because u had to trim and it had a b series sump it sounds weird concidering it has pulley and pump it sure sounds like it was an ex warranty case and COULD of had the short replaced and then screwed back together as a new donk, still boggles the mind, is there any signs of wear/use

• Donating Members

No, all looks new. Has the engine oil cooler as well, I guess this is standard F6? It was listed under BA/BF F6 Typhoon/Tornado

in the parts list.

Dont know, but its in, and running, so that's a good start :sungum: And ya gotta love that blue rocker cover :locomotive:

I wonder if they run out of BA/BF shorts, and used an FG short instead?? 4 years since the BF finished.

Although, they listed 8 shorts in stock. Would be interesting to have a look at one of those.

Edited by johno

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 24d

yeh engine oil cooler is a trait of f6 series definately but to wich block it is has me buggered, the fg f6 sump is clearley different, but u dont have that so dunno bloke, must come down to part umbers