Diff Warranty Voided Because Of Cai

sssilver

• Member For: 14y 5m 23d

Hey Guys. My Fg T ute has a clunky diff and Ford told me today they cant do anything about it because I have a SSinductions CAI so my drive line warranty has been voided. Has anyone else has this problem? is there anything I can do about this?

Cheers

Sam

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 28d

what he said. CAI alone shoudn't void whole diveline warrant that sucks balls IMO

Show the dealer the bit in the manual where it states that the modification has

to directly caused the component failure

• Member For: 14y 5m 23d

The Ford Warranty and Service Guide states that 'A claim under the Ford Vehicle Warranty will also be rejected if a Modification is made to the vehicle by, or for you and such modification adversely affects the performance / compliance of the part in respect of which such claim is made.'

I put that in the email and told them the Ford Mechanics could not even tell me how a CAI can affect Diff performance. The only reason I havnt had a custom tune was because of the warranty. Think I might book it into Real Dyno Tuning next week and get it done :)

• Member For: 12y 6m 18d

I have had 2 axles replaced, and then the whole diff set up replaced under waranty, brought the car as an ex demo (pre flogged) noticed 2 weeks after I had it the the axle shafts were bent, South side ford@ the gabba were more than happy to help me out

I have an SS cold air, Center muff removed, and lowerd

• Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 5d

I've had the diff bushes done twice, shocks replaced and numerous other warranty claims and my list of mods is like a monthly shopping list!

All depends on the dealer and also who you know, but that DH who knocked you back for a CAI should have said "yeah no worries mate but when you bring it in can you make sure the stock air box is on" Now that's how it should have gone!