E85

• Member For: 14y 7m 7d

anyone here have their car tuned for E85? I ran it in my skyline a few years back... awesome stuff... think its about 134/L now from some Caltex servos... I picked up 20rwkw just converting & tuning to suit. And despite all the rediculous rumors regarding its corrosive tendencies toward components etc... my car never had any issues in 15000km what so ever.

• Like 2

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8d

It's getting pretty common mate, a few people are running the bio flex with good results.

And some people are running around with drums of sucrogen in their boot.

You can gain 20kw with the little turbo on FGs, and get closer to 450 out of the Gt3582r, so a 40-50kw gain.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 12d

I think the quality of the E85 is the issue..

Ive heard that E85 starts to go off after a week? Meaning your running less octane than you think you are = less power?

You would have your car tuned to a fresh batch of E85, pull 400kw - go to caltex fill up on 2 week old e85 run 370rwkw? Is that a fair assumption?

Maybe someone can clear it up? Liquid gas could be the other alternative?

• Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 17d

I think the quality of the E85 is the issue..

Ive heard that E85 starts to go off after a week? Meaning your running less octane than you think you are = less power?

You would have your car tuned to a fresh batch of E85, pull 400kw - go to caltex fill up on 2 week old e85 run 370rwkw? Is that a fair assumption?

Maybe someone can clear it up? Liquid gas could be the other alternative?

Dude I feel you are pretty ill informed about E85.

If E85 if sealed (in a servo's tank or a sealed plastic drum) it will last for years!

If the fuel is exposed to ther atmosphere it will slowly draw mositure and over time dilute but your talking months not a week!

Yes I do agree somewhat as to the qaulity of the fuel but we are only talking 10 points max I.e E85 to E75, plus E85 is always a bit weeker over the winter months to assist cold starts!

E85 would be a much cheaper set up wise alternative to LNG as you would only need larger injectors and upgraded fuel system to cope with the addtional 28 - 30% volume required to equal the energy content of 98 petrol!

my 2 cents anyway.

N.b my car gets an E85 tune this weds can't wait!

Edited by Vevapower

• Member For: 14y 7m 7d

Dude I feel you are pretty ill informed about E85.

If E85 if sealed (in a servo's tank or a sealed plastic drum) it will last for years!

If the fuel is exposed to ther atmosphere it will slowly draw mositure and over time dilute but your talking months not a week!

Yes I do agree somewhat as to the qaulity of the fuel but we are only talking 10 points max I.e E85 to E75, plus E85 is always a bit weeker over the winter months to assist cold starts!

E85 would be a much cheaper set up wise alternative to LNG as you would only need larger injectors and upgraded fuel system to cope with the addtional 28 - 30% volume required to equal the energy content of 98 petrol!

my 2 cents anyway.

N.b my car gets an E85 tune this weds can't wait!

hey mate...where you getting the tune from?

• Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 17d

2 shops are going to have a crack mate. Pm me if u want names.

"Dyno figures make for good conversation, mph at the strip proves it without reservation"

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 6d

So E85 has the same tendencys as methanol? I use methanol for drag cars and we only by it in small batches 20L drum to try to keep it fresh because the moisture factor