Engine Mounts

ripbt1

• Member For: 12y 7m 1d

hey guys I need new engine mounts for my 05 bf turbo

nolathane only have a listing for non turbo 6cyl, (don't know why there would be a difference)

I went into ford and they confirmed that this is correct, the turbo and non turbo mounts are in fact different

and they want $322 for the pair.

F#$% that, so where can I get them for a reasonable price?

any help appreciated

cheers anthony

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 8d

Hey mate $322 for a pair of engine mounts is about right even after market ones are going to be $110-120 each for kelpro brand etc just be aware sometimes after market ones are softer then genuine if u want the kelpro ones goto bursons or repco etc if u want the cheaper type.

Hope this helps mate.

• Member For: 12y 7m 1d

damn alright then, thanks for the info

ive contacted nolathane just waiting to hear back, because if they make them I can get them for cost price,

all I need is the part number.

but if worst comes to worst ill have to get the ford ones

• FLY-FPV
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 28d

Mate do what I did just get non turbo ones and take the straps off your old ones and put em on the non turbo ones that's the only difference between em non turbo ones are about 50 or 60 bucks each I did mine over a year ago and never had a drama and I've got 320 rwkw

• 7 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 6d

Guys,

I'm in ther market for some engine mounts also, and was just contemplating whether I should get genuine turbo ones or aftermarket. I have already replaced the the turbo side engine mount quite some time ago with a genuine turbo mount which cost and arm and a leg, and I have been told it needs replacing again.

The genuine turbo mount not lasting as long as it should have for a stock car has turned me off buying genuine again.

Should I just buy non turbo mounts and put the straps on them?(im assuming they are considerably cheaper)...or is there an aftermarket brand that someone has used that they can recommend?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...