Qantas Wtf

turbo ute79

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 28d

get competitive or GFTO , speak to your local member

or go to Gillard for a cure..

As per this conversation she will be in the lead and we can all have some kip.

She's so seeeeexy

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 28d

But the agreement is only for 3 years, show me where it says indefinate.

did I say that ? irevelant in any case , today is today

• Member For: 14y 5m 29d

Did you read my post above? They are already getting more than the other airlines and that's hardly the start of it, they are seeking extra leave and free international flights etc. How is that strike-worthy?

Obviously you're a Labor/union fanboy, so explain this to me. How is it fair that a Qantas pilot gets more than the Prime Minister of the entire friggin country? And that's still not enough?

Seriously if you want wage equality for all go and find a communist state to live in, I hear North Korea is a nice place.

Sideways - the lock-out hadn't happened. They gave the required notice that it would happen from 8pm tonight.

ill tell you why pilots get paid more than the PM. For one shes a useless redhead and two pilots are carrying hundreds and thousands of passengers every year 40000ft in the air. Pay them whatever they want I say

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 22d

Three years, whatever, still unreasonable. And if it is passed then we all get to go through the same sh*t again in three years time...should Qantas not go the same way as Ansett by then.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 15d

But the agreement is only for 3 years, show me where it says indefinate.

Has anyones employee agreements ever said indefinite?

yes I agree that manufacturing isn't viable in the west anymore is this what we want to happen to engineering and our pilots as well? Why dont we just shut up all offices in this country and send it to Asia?

Engineering is fast becoming one of the most expensive industries in the world. Already employers are sourcing cheaper labour from other countries and brining it back to australia. It's happening in Civil and Electrical. Why can't it happen in mechanical also?

• Member For: 14y 5m 29d

You may wanna check who does jail time these days.. It's not just the engineer anymore.. The directors of companies recently have been found negligent in this regard and are now suffering also. Just ask the poor dude from QR.. Regional Director and currently sitting in a jail. He's not even an engineer prior to landing the RD job.

And as for nobody on this site having to go to jail for their job? There are several traffic controllers here.. I've sat in front of the coroners court on multiple occasions because someone does something stupid at a roadworks site. Each time it was my name on the traffic management plan so my arse on the line.. And I promise you I'm not paid nearly as freaking much as a Qantas engineer.

mate theres no comparison. Your not responsible for hundreds of thousands of passengers every year.

• Phantom Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 6d

Three years, whatever, still unreasonable. And if it is passed then we all get to go through the same sh*t again in three years time...should Qantas not go the same way as Ansett by then.

Why is it unreasonable?