Wsid 19/10/2011

XR64LT

• Member For: 12y 7m 10d

ok so its pretty much the same as having a ls2 (speed) lic from cams just under different organisation. thank u for filling me in on that info cheers

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 9d

You'll need your ANDRA for sure next time mate. I'd by onto today if you have intentions of racing next Wed.

What power you got George?

360, so can you purchase an andra lic at the track, or does it have to be pre purchased?

• Member For: 15y 2m 24d

Quicker than 12.000 u need one $152 from ANDRA, just need to fill out the super street license application and mail it to them with a passport photo.

How much to renew?

• Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 14d

$151 to re new. U think it was only $121 last year though. I'll check my cc statement and tell you how much they charged me to re new.

Off topic. I have a great stoush with a 600 kawasaki down the old hwy today from the old old Sydney town down to berrowa. I think the old pacific hwy is much better then MAC pass.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 12d

Getting closer !! to my pb of 11.15s on $200 19" Maxxis...

I have not run the old taxi for about two years and the car feels even stronger with the latest tune with a few extra little mods but I'm not keen to take it out any more and will be installing a strong standard stall in it that will make it a nicer daily driver.

Hence guys here is my 2 cents worth of wisdom that might help get you guys to a lower pb... especially on street tyres.

The key is to take into account and appreciate the physics behind what yoyu are trying to do.

With the autos once you get off the mark and assuming that you are not breaking traction mid-track and you are shifting at the right point then the MPH and ETs should be very close on any particular night depending on the 60' time.

Now based on the 100 odd passes that I have done in the taxi and some experience in a few other cars here is the trick to getting off the mark...

Whatever improvement you make at the 60' mark then you will gain about 1.5 times that gain but you might loose 1 -2 mph.

Note: The track gets better towards the end of the night, the dust/dirt is blown away, some extra rubber might be laid down and the air gets colder. Hence you should see traction improved off the line and power come up a little. That is my theory ...

Think physics ... you can only put so much power to the ground off the mark based on how much torque the engine makes if you get it wrong te car either fries the back tyres or bogs down off the mark. Finding the right balance will get you the best 60' time.

On ET Streets with 375rwkw (on a dynapack) I did a 1.53 60' launching at about 4psi. With similar power I could only get a clean take off with a max of about 1psi of boost which resilted in a best 60' of 1.78s on the Maxxis.

So what do I not do? ... I do not stall it up at my target launch boost hold the car there and then just take off abruptly. The autos do not like it and you are not using the momentum of the motor and turbo to ramp up the torque.

The trick is to bring up the boost slowly and as it reaches the target boost then nail it, hold the brake a fraction of a second longer and then let go of the brake. The car takes off smoother and you get to that 60' faster!!

Vevapower, based on your 60' and MPH you can run a high 10s pass with your current setup and tyres but you will need to pick a good night.

I hope that makes sense and you guys get some better times ... Good Luck!!

• Member For: 15y 2m 24d

Matt old Pac is an awesome run. Can get a bit hairy. The shadowed corners do remain damp though most of the day. So a nice dry day is the way