Any Brake Upgrade To Fit Under My Standard 17 Bf Rims

Nomis

• Member For: 15y 1m 18d

I found some on ebay that I would guess might, since it runs a 4 pot AP caliper with 330mm 2 piece discs up front. They also have a 4 spot rear AP kit with 315mm 2 piece discs. Stock BF1 has 322mm front and 303mm rears, so not a bad kit IF it will fit under 17's.

John Bowe Performance Brake Kit

Edited by winstor

• Member For: 19y 3m

PBR upgrade, BA Premium/BA-FPV stock brakes on stock 17" rims fits with about 1mm clearance, pretty much everywhere.

It is difficult to see how a larger caliper, especially 4 pot of any type could possibly fit. Similarly, it is difficult to see how a larger disc could possibly fit.

However, there are 17" inch after market wheels that will clear a 4 pot Brembo. These types of wheels do not look remotely stock. As to which discs to use...

The closest Falcon series stock wheels to fit the Brembo 4 pots are the BA FPV 18".

PBR upgrade, BA Premium/BA-FPV stock brakes on stock 17" rims can be fitted with PBR braided lines and DBA5000 discs. This produces a very light setup with exceedingly quick and linear responses. Heat handling capacity is so far out there, I have no idea how you could possibly exceed it on road with a stock engined car.

Edited by aiboart

• Member For: 13y 11m 26d

Well I am hoping for around 500rwkw and to do occasional track days so I thought I'd better upgrade but I didn't want to buy bigger wheels as I am hoping for a completely stock looking xr6 with money spent on important bits! would the pbr be a decent upgrade for my needs or am I gonna have to buy brembo also will they fit under ba/bf xr8 18 cause that would kind of keep stock look!

• Like 1

• Member For: 15y 8m 30d

With 17" rims, your option is the BA Premium Brake front calipers. They're fairly hard to find, and are expensive at wreckers ($800). Finding them on eBay can be done. I bought a set for $300 on eBay a few months ago, but the guy didn't know what they are.

As soon as you go Brembo, then it's going to be 18" rims. BA XR8 18" rims clear Brembo calipers if you want to look standard. Golden rule: if you are going to go Brembo, then do your homework on wheels before buying rims! Very few rims clear Brembo calipers.

I've got the 6 piston front/4 piston rear setup on my taxi. It's nice. Was having some fun giving braking demonstrations to some passengers last night.

With the Brembo setup, there's not a huge distance with just general stopping. It's when you want to brake hard that you notice the difference - there's a lot less pedal pressure required. One thing that I have noticed is my confidence in the car and brakes when I do long, hard stops (ie at the end of a looooooooooong downhill). I know that the brakes are working damn hard, and I know that at the bottom of the hill the car will stop perfectly well. The standard stuff gets bloody hot and fades quite easily.

• Member For: 19y 3m

With 500RWKW I think the the minimum Factory stock braking system you could consider would be the front (6) pot - rear (4) pot setup. Ideally you could then add the DBA5000 (2-piece) at the front and DBA4000 (one piece) at the rear for more heat capacity and heat tolerance.

It may not look strictly stock from the train spotters on this site, but so what? It will look stock to the general public with say 18" BA or BF rims and the Factory 6/4 Brembo setup.

500RWKW is really a huge amount of power. Uber quality tyres, braking systems and damper systems must be your primary concern, not looks. Frankly with that amount of power, you may want to consider going ceramic if you can find a set that fits.

Edited by aiboart

• Member For: 13y 11m 26d

lol 500rwkw isnt that much didnt 250 be big for these cars then 300 now 400 is getting more and more average so 500 isn't too far away for lots of cars!!!

I just wanted to have a nice stock looking sleeper. I hate people with there typhoon front bars, low as it possibly could get, massive wheels with rolled guards! It all just makes me think they are taking away money from the important bits like performance!!!!! Cars are meant to get driven not sat in a car park with your sick rims and xr8 bonnet with f6 front bar while pulling your dick about how close your wheels sit to the guards and how good a xr8 bonnet looks like when its not parked and you actually drive it!!! lol well im done ranting but yeah if I can get away with the xr8 wheels I will I don't want fpv or aftermarket rims as I want to keep it as a sleeper so I don't get harassed by cops cause I still young and they don't like that also don't want a defect cause nothing under bonnet is stock so would cost me $$$$ to get it back on road.

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 23d

I've got the pbr upgrades with dba4000's on my BA and they just clear the factory 17's. They are a fair bit better than the factory stuff and have no problem when I take it for a bit of run through the twisties but I don't know if they'd survive a track day. Especially with 500rwkw!

Id be looking at the BA 18's and Brembro's if I had the money and that much power. I'm guessing they'd take the heat a fair bit better.