First Mods To A Bf Mk2 Typhoon?

kevin_f6

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 16d

Hey I was browsing around on the general talk forum and saw a thread about first mods to do to an xr6 turbo.

I was just wondering if they are about the same for an f6?

I used to drive a bf xr8 (auto) and all I had done to that was a custom tune from bpt motorsport...

traded that in for a phoon..

ive had a lot of different opinions about where to start... ie intercooler, exhaust, tune.

ive still got the old tuner from the xr8 and called uo barry from bpt and he said he can just upload some new tunes for me.

but was wondering if its worth tuning it yet while it's still stock or what upgrades people recommend first up?

any advice is welcome!

FIRST POST! :scout:

• Member For: 12y 10m 2d

how much power and $ u looking at . as I think u can look at close to a safe 280ish to 300 atw with just an injector upgrade with tune but from there would presume similar process to xr6 t just having a better base to start with :)

and let me be the 1st to add :Welcome2FordXR6t:

im sure there will be the regs on here that will direct you in a good direction soon

• Donating Members

cheers jayjay.. I dont really want to put a limit on $$ because once I start I will always be looking at doing something just a little more. I never even thought of injectors :s but in saying that I dont want to put upgrades on now that arent serving much purpose until its pulling more power...

what sort of injectors would you recommend? im guessing there isnt much point changing the intercooler or anything like that straight up? or changing to one of those underneath the battery pod filter setups?

thanks good to be here! its hard to find good help!

im a newbie still myself mate so know where ya comng from :)

check out the fuel and induction threads as they are excellent knowledge in there , as far as what injectors from what I have read its very dependent on what your tuner likes to use , as then u know it should be a safe job , but bosch 968's seem to be a common and safe injector for low 300's

and im sure u will be told or read a fair bit , is that every mod needs a tune so if u look at a combo off things to do best to wait and do at once saving you having to do retunes all the time . by the way nice ride :)

another thing mate check out the cruze threads as im sure you will meet some good peep in the west that will be able to point you in the right direction for service and learn from there rides

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 29d

Probably just get a tune for starters. Then save for your mods and do them all at once. Who is going to tune your car. There is a lot of good tuners in Perth.

• Donating Members

ive got about 5 or 6 grand to throw at it straight up... ( thank you tax back) and as I still have my tuner from the xr8 I only have to pay for the bullets or whatever you call them.

I got all my work on my xr8 done at bpt motorsports. he seems to know his stuff and makes all the custom tunes himself.

I was thinking about one of those induction kits where you put the pod in under the battery and a different intercooler so the piping doesnt go over the top of the rocker cover.. if that makes sense? I was looking on the plazmaman website and the "XR6 Turbo Street Pro Spec 1 intercooler kit"

is about $1600

ive got no idea if these even fit the typhoon or not.

that might not even be the best way to go? should I throw cash at an exhaust and injectors or something like that?

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 2d

Intercooler kit $1600

Exhaust $1600

Custom Tune $800

Injectors $400

Actuator $150

Turbo port and flapper $800

Surge tank $1000

Valve springs (maybe) $800

All fitted etc... Will be around $6500 and will see 370-400rwkw...

I am pretty sure the Phoons came out with a twin plate clutch. This may be the only other thing you need to do???

Do it all at once... And you'll have a safe tune and farking quick car!!!

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 2d

Oh. I thought it was a BA.... BF will be the same however, you may need to build the auto...

If you want a safe 330 rwkw...

Full exhaust $1600

Actuator $150

Tune $800

Cooler kit $1600

Walbro Fuel pump $200

Injectors $400

Valve springs should be fine, but allow $800 to have them done if they start floating

• Donating Members

Oh. I thought it was a BA.... BF will be the same however, you may need to build the auto...

If you want a safe 330 rwkw...

Full exhaust $1600

Actuator $150

Tune $800

Cooler kit $1600

Walbro Fuel pump $200

Injectors $400

Valve springs should be fine, but allow $800 to have them done if they start floating

alright cheers! nah mines the manual.. what is the actuator for? and are there any brands you would suggest/rate? what pnd injectors would you suggest?

ive never had a car before that ive done any real work on so im not sure as to what parts would be better then others? is the xforce ehaust system alright?